Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging smachol & FireFly (re: Using md5 encryption)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging smachol & FireFly (re: Using md5 encryption)

Hey guys,

A few days ago i posted the thread entitled Using md5 encryption but had to leave town and had no access to a PC i could use to view teh posts.

The message read:
    Hey guys,

I want to create some other pages for my site to provide image galleries for the members of my site. I want to be able to decrypt the password stored in the user table and compare it to what the user entered in the log in screen. you may ask, "why not just force them to log in through the vbulletins screen?" well there are some limitations to that, i need it to look in a specific way and i want to be able to have a login script that i can use across multiple parts of the site.

I don't want to force my users to store 2 passwords for my site by recreating this myself. if anyone can help, that would be greate.

thanks!
    smachol asked the following:

Please follow the instructions in my sig to register for vB support on these forums. Thanks!
    I followed the instructions, can you guys help with any possible ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks for registering! As to your question, you can't decrypt md5 passwords. If both passwords are md5 then you can compare the encrypted stringsw to see if they match.

Since this invloves hacking you should also seek further advice at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i should be able to just encrypt the password passed in through the forms and compare it as you mentioned. however, do i need to set up a specific key to pass into the md5 function?

thanks!

Comment

I don't know. Try it and see.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

muchas gracias...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X