No announcement yet.

PHP Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, will try tomorrow, too tired, too drunk right now... Good old Sat night. Well, thanks anyway guys, really appreciate it.

Comment

quote:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQL pattern matching allows you to use `_' to match any single character and `%' to match an arbitrary number of characters (including zero characters). In MySQL, SQL patterns are case insensitive by default. Some examples are shown below. Note that you do not use = or != when you use SQL patterns; use the LIKE or NOT LIKE comparison operators instead.

To find names beginning with `b':

mysql> SELECT * FROM pet WHERE name LIKE "b%";
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so THAT was my problem! I just put WHERE LIKE, without the row name, and I was wondering what the hell I was doing wrong the whole time...AGH! thanx

Comment

Help with this, anyone? vB team guys? Somebody? It's that close to working, yet doesn't...

Comment

so what is the problem now. you want help when it works and you don't say what the problem was.

Comment

My apologies. Well, as I think I might have posted, the errors are all gone, but the form returns no results for anything, regardless of what I search for, all I get is a blank page. I can set up a dyndns client on my comp to let you see what I mean?

Comment

well like I said the last script I posted works. I used your sql from phpmyAdmin and made a database of all the shows. then ran that script. I found there was some table name problems so I changed it in the script. look at my last one and you can see it.

I have the script at home and I will put it up on my site so you can see it work.

Comment

IS it on your site, I had a quick look about the one listed in your WWW link and don't see it?

Comment

sorry I got busy.

http://www.snippetlibrary.com/test/searchresults.php

search for something you think is in there.

Comment

Thanks, I get the same local, though get a problem where it seems to be working sometimes, not others, like i get no results on a search one time, and if I run it again a second later get results. Thanks a lot. Had a few ideas about improving the form so people can search with more refined parameters etc, so will post that up here tomorrow some time I think. Thanks a lot for this.

Comment

Working...
                    X