Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHP upgraded to 7.4.8: site not working anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP upgraded to 7.4.8: site not working anymore.

A long time ago I started a forum with vBulletin. At the end I was running vBulletin 3.8.6. All the time the site was not very active, but still in use,.

Recently we decided to put some new live into the site and decided to buy a new license (vBulletin 5). However the server needed an update as well to be compatible with php/mysql (at least require PHP 7.2.0+ and MySQL 5.6.10+). The hosting provider has an option to upgrade php to version 7.4.8 and so we did. I don't know by heart from which exact version we upgraded (someone else did the job), but it was PHP 5.x

The problem is that since the php upgrade, the vBulletin software (3.8.6) doesn't work anymore. And I get a html 500 error when visiting the forum (www.spykerowner.com/forum)
    • All the files are still there
    • PHP is running (the new version of php is running, see also www.spykerowner.com/info_so.php for phpinfo)
    • The MySQL database is also up and running

All I can think of is that there is only one issue: vBulletin software is no longer able to contact the mysql database for some reason.

I googled a bit and found that the solution could be in the .htaccess file. But I can't find that hidden file when I log in with FTP. Not in the root of the site, not in the public_html folder. Hosting provider is GoDaddy

Do you have any suggestions how I can make the forum up and running again so I can start with the upgrade to the newest version of vBulletin?

Any help appreciated!

vBulletin 3.8.6 will not work on versions of PHP higher than PHP 5.5.X. You will need to upgrade to vBulletin 5.6.3 in order to use PHP 7.4.8.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks. Next step: upgrading vBulletin 😎

Comment

I even didn't use PHP 7.4.x on any my sites or forums. It may causes some conflicts on my forums
        Best Internet Marketing Forum & Webmaster Forum for webmasters and Internet Marketers discussing and trading!

Comment