• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inserting more than 10k rows with 1 mysql_query call

hi...

my problem is,.. that i have a $var set like this:

PHP Code:
    $var "INSERT INTO table (col1, col2) VALUES ('blah', 'blah'), ('blah2', 'blah2'), ('blah3', 'blah3'),... "
    the problem is... i want to insert more than 10.000 rows with one mysql_query call.

when i do $result = mysql_query ($var) or die (mysql_error ()) i get error "MySQL server has gone away". why?

when using phpmyadmin and if inserting a SQL file in it there is no such problem. doesn't matter how many rows i want to insert into a table.

but i MUST use the php coding (and not phpmyadmin) to insert that 10k rows. can you please tell me how to do that?

thank you very much and best best regards!

I'm not sure if this helps at all (i have no idea what it means):
    MySQL Docs: A.2.2 MySQL server has gone away Error

Comment

just wandering, why do you need to do 10,000 anyways? what is it for, coz then there might be a way

Comment

well.. i am making a program in php for a company that adds news in their M$ Access database. now, they decided to go online now. now, they export all acc database tables to txt files with all info and stuff, and i must refresh it every day. so i parsed row by row from txt file to mysql_query call and that's it

i hope you understand what i said. if not, i'm sorry, more i can't tell.. it's like top secret work. bussiness secret if you know what i mean.

well.. i made it now, with looping and calling mysql query one by one and it works well.

thanks for helping

Comment

exactly what i was going to suggest if you had said what you just said

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X