Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seph
    replied
    Thats funny, because I own 3 books from Peach Pit Press, I have their HTML, Perl & CGI, and XML books. All by Elizabeth Castro, but the XML book just doesnt get the job done, it really only teachs you what the language can do, not how to actually do it.

I am more interested in learning PHP and MySQL at this point, but there are so many books, which ones should I get?

Leave a comment:

• Max_Radius
    replied
    Personally, I know none of the languages you mentioned. At one of the sites I volunteer at, we have an expert database programmer, and an overqualified webdesigner, lol.

My site is mine. I've had little help from anyone directly related to the creation of it, but I've had about 1 1/2 years leaning over the shoulder of people who know what to do.

My advice is to figure out what you want xml to do for you, and then go to a real world bookstore, and buy a book that provides you with the knowledge you want. In a nutshell, that's how I learned html.

a recommended publisher from me would be Peach Pit Press.

Leave a comment:

• Seph
    started a topic XML, where to start?

XML, where to start?

If you guys know or are learning XML, how are you doing it? Actually, I want to talk about more than XML. How did you guys learn XML, PHP, and MySQL databases if you know them? I have always learned from a book, but I dont think that this is how you guys are learning some of this stuff and this XML book that I am reading now is teaching me pretty slow. Is XML really supposed to take this much time? I mean, it might take a year to create a good DTD to use for your website.

If you do have a website in XML or XML with PHP, can you please give me a link so I can look at your website and explain how you learned some of these languages?

Thanks in advance,
    Seph
    Last edited by Seph; Mon 25 Mar '02, 3:16pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X