No announcement yet.

Table Cells in Netscape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scoutt: my mistake, should have checked the change more fully.

One alternative is to specify the background in the cell that contains the nested table e.g.
    <td width=125 height="100%" background="http://www.square-evolution.com/gfx/bg.jpg" colspan=1 valign="top">

Which netscape 4 can handle.

The whole reason for the problems with the height attribute on table cells and rows is because it is deprecated in HTML4, and unsupported on table constructs offically.

Comment

have you tried that in NS4.x? I think any image in the nested table will not work. if it does let me know.

Comment

scoutt, yes I have and did check the change.

You can see for yourself in the attachment.

Comment

thanks for letting me know dabean.

Comment

You are not going to be able to keep NS 4x around forever. Just upgrade to 6! There are reasons for upgrades.

Comment

I appreciate that so much, because I didnt even know you guys even looked at the site. Thank you so much, but I am still confused over what you did to make the bars go down the whole way. What was wrong with my coding?

Edit: After re-reading the posts above, I think that you removed the background from the cell itself, but set it to the background of the entire cell that contains the nested table. Am I correct? I am guessing that because I am getting this same problem with the right sidebar, I can simply set the background color to the cell instead of the nested table. Am I correct?

Another Edit: After reading some more, am I supposed to set the cell that the tables in height to 100% or am I supposed to put the background in the cell?

Yet Another Edit: I am also having problems with the CSS on those pages. I believe that the colored links to not work in Netscape or Opera, but I havent checked in a while. Actually, if you find anything that doesnt work on my site in any browser, can you please inform me of the problem?
              Last edited by Seph; Sat 23 Mar '02, 5:10am.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSteve
                You are not going to be able to keep NS 4x around forever. Just upgrade to 6! There are reasons for upgrades.

kind of hard when Netscape just finished with NS4.79. too many users have NS4.xx, like 15 million last time heard of the statisics.

Another Edit: After reading some more, am I supposed to set the cell that the tables in height to 100% or am I supposed to put the background in the cell?

Both..

and Hover links do not work in NS4.xx. but there is a workaround.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X