VB Login Scripts -- Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB Login Scripts -- Need Help

I know this has been asked many times on these boards (I've asked it myself), but I'm having trouble getting this to work by myself and I need help.

There are several pages on my site (file upload area) that I want to password protect using the user registration database from VB. I've tried several of the suggested hacks but I can't get any of them to work the way I want.

Here's what I need:
    - If VB cookie is present, the user sees the protected page.
    - If no VB cookie, the user sees a login form and a link to register if not registered.
    - After logging in the user sees the protected page (and plants a VB cookie)

I've been able to do one of these at a time, but not all together (I'm very new to php). In one of my failed attempts after I logged in on the protected page, I was redirected into the forum homepage.

Does anyone know how to do this successfully? Have a script I can use with little modification? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You'd want to do something like:

Code:
    if (!isset($bbuserid)) {
     // display the login page here
    } else {
     // show your page
    }

Comment

Thanks. Do you, or anyone else, know what the code is to plant a VB cookie?

}

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X