Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffct
    replied
    RINCE - unless his emails are being sent as HTML, that function won't do anything...

Leave a comment:

• RINCE
    replied
    Try nl2br, hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• delhi
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks for your help on this one,I think I'll ask the user to press enter and see if this work in the output email !!
    Simple solutions are usually best no? If you do come across a function to pass the variable to the php file and get it to put breaks in the output email please let me now. bye for now

Leave a comment:

• jeffct
    replied
    I believe if you type into a input form in Flash it works just like one on a web page, it only puts a newline in if you hit enter. But if you are emailing it to someone, why would you worry about if it wraps or not, shouldn't their email client wrap the text for them?

Leave a comment:

• scoutt
    replied
    I guess it all depends on how you have it outputted on the page. I don't have any problems when I do it so maybe your database is not setup right or you are outputting it wrong.

also you could have a function that could count the characters in the textbox and automatically insert <br> after so many words or letters. but that is just a suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• delhi
    replied
    Please Help

I'm totally lost on this one, can anyone help as i am not a programmer at all !

Thanks..

Leave a comment:

• delhi
    started a topic PHP NEWBIE HELP WITH FLASH 5 and PHP SCRIPT

PHP NEWBIE HELP WITH FLASH 5 and PHP SCRIPT

Hi to all,

I'm new to PHP and currently working on a project which involves a simple booking form in flash 5, this information is then output to the php file and sent to a specified email address. Standard stuff, and this all works fine except in the flash booking form i have a multiline text field which the user can write comments in, when this is output by the php file it has no line break, just comes out as a continuos line. Is there some kind of function i can use to return the information with linebreaks after a nonbreak in space ?

so instead of this text all being here on one line you get

so instead of this
    text all being here
    on one line you get

Help ! Client wants this yesterday and orange rather than blue!!.....
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X