PHP Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Help Please

For a whlie now I've been trying to learn PHP along with MySQL. Only problem is, I do fine up until I reach the MySQL part. That throws me everytime. So what I'm looking for is some sort of ebook, or a place that I can learn PHP and MySQL together. I've been to WebMonkey but they don't really break it down step by step, which is what I'm looking for. Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

basically i'd suggest learning how to mysql_connect
    then learn
    mysql_query("select...
    mysql_query("insert...
    mysql_query("delete...
    mysql_query("update...
    mysql_numrows(...
    mysql_result("...
    mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("select * from...

if u understand PHP u shud understand them instantly and u can get by pretty much with them, of course extending ur knowledge wen need, such as sorting etc

if you type each of them functions into google.com then you shud be able to pick it up in no time, at least i did

Comment

Speaking Japanese to me

Comment

sorry, if uve learnt PHP then uve come across functions?

well those are functions for mysql. if u learn how to use those very basic functions, which takes the best part of 10 minutes, then u shudnt really need a book or anything

Comment

I started learning PHP but I don't know anything about it still....I know this much right here:

PHP Code:
          $variable test
          echo $variable 

that's about it....heh...You have AIM or MSN or something so I could talk to you?

Comment

if u wana learn mysql i highly recommend using phpmyadmin

i remember the webmonkey tutorials, they r really bad and expect u to know way too much.

i tried learnin javascript from it and the second page uses the for() function or summin crazy, and they expect u to understand it right away. i obviously do now, but no thanx to them.

do u have phpmyadmin?

Comment

Check out http://www.sitepoint.com/books - it's worth every cent.

Comment

Great..thanks for the help JamesUS and megahard! If these books at SitePoint are really that good, I'll look into buying them

Comment

Radon3k-

If you need help with PHP and MySQL, go over to www.coderforums.net and ask your questions there . I will more than happy to help you.

Phil
                  http://www.coderforums.net

Comment

Radon3k you need to find a simple tutorial on PHP.. To jump into MySQL when you barely know what a variable is would not be a good move.. You at least have to understand conditional statements and what a function is. Find a book on beginning PHP or a tutorial, worry about MySQL later.

Comment

Ok..thanks for all the responses guys!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X