Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me with this mySQL query please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me with this mySQL query please?

I am running vBulletin 2.2.1

I would like to offer special web page functions, to forum members who meet certain access requirements.

What I would like to have happen is this:

1) User clicks on a link
    2) Web server asks for user name/password
    3) User supplies name/password
    4) Name/password is queried in the vbulletin database
    5) If the name/password match, and the access level is appropriate, then the web page continues to load.

I'm sure this must be possible using existing vbulletin functions and such, but I'm unsure how to go about doing it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

- Pahbi

for hacks request them over at vbulletin.org
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

This really isn't a hack, what I'm asking, is to be able to query the vbulletin database outside of vbulletin to check a users name/password.

- Pahbi

Comment

That would require making a new file, with PHP coding, so its considered a hack.......

Comment

/sigh/

I come here looking for help, and instead, I get word games and symmantics.

Thanks a ton.

- Pahbi

Comment

We are more than happy to provide support with the default vBulletin system. However we cannot provide support for building external scripts based on vBulletin due to time constraints. vBulletin.org is specifically designed for users such as yourself to obtain help with these kinds of things.

Comment

I think that this thread could be appropiate in the php or mysql forums so I will move it there. You would probably get more response at www.vbulletin.org though.

Comment

Originally posted by pahbi
                /sigh/

I come here looking for help, and instead, I get word games and symmantics.

Thanks a ton.

- Pahbi
                Nice attitude... You weren't simply asking for a query, you're asking for an entire script which is beyond the scope of product support or a simple SQL query...

But I'll give you some hints...

You want to include in your script your forums/global.php which will give you access to the $bbuserinfo array and tell you if the user is logged in.

From there you can check $bbuserinfo[usergroupid] to see if they are logged in or not, and prompt them to log in if needed.

As you can see it's more than a simple query. As previously mentioned, you want to go over to vBulletin.org and ask... There could be a hack for just that sort of thing, or at the very least some code that you can incorporate into your project.
                Boardoo.com - Hosting, Software, WHMCS Addons, and whole lot more.
                Featuring vBLink :: The vBulletin Integration Suite for WHMCS

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X