Novice In Need Of Advice Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novice In Need Of Advice Please?

I have just recently purchased VBulletin Publishing Suite 4 and I need recommendations on which series of books to buy in order to learn how to program vB....I am totally and utterly clueless about CSS, HTML, PHP and MYSQL!

I was thinking about the "For Dummies" series....anyway somebody, anybody, please help?!

Love Hilary

xXx

hi,

my advice would be in this order(below) do not even touch PHP before you have extensive html knowledge why ? because you cannot run before you can walk PHP is a complete programming language it takes some time to learn it

1)learn html & css (these belong together)
    2) learn PHP
    3) learn MySQL

the "for dummies" books series aren't bad for people new to this and set yourself a testserver and try things out but do not exspect your first PHP script to be perfect it won't trust me if i would tell you how manny times my testserver crashed in the time i whas learning you would be laughing like hell.Last but not least if you want to learn to code for vBulletin have a look at www.vbulletin.org allot of helpfull stuff there todo this and if you are stuck we are here to help you out

Comment

Also, always remember that google is your friend. If you need help with, say, the html to use to place images, then google "html images". Very often, www.w3schools.com will come up. I love that site as it is FULL of great reference material!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Working...
      X