Using forms in Dreamweaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using forms in Dreamweaver

Does anyone know why my forms won't behave themselves in DW? If I put an email submission form into a table the alignment options have no effect on whatever is inside the form tags. Is there any way to avoid this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

WYSINAWYG, (What you see is not always what you get). Hit F12 to preview your tables. If you are talking about them aligning them selves up in dreamweaver they most likely won't. Hit f12 and you should see a difference
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Yes, never trust Dreamweaver, also preview in your browser.

Comment

A final tip for Dreamweaver:

Before you press F12 do this:

Commands >> Apply Source Formatting

Commands >> Clean Up HTML

File >> Save or ctrl + s

THEN F12

HTH
        Have a great day :)
        http://www.StopScum.com

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll get these things to play ball if it kills me

Comment

I used to use DW,

But now I use a little proggy called Editplus 2. It's like notepad but you have more option(also syntax highlighting for Php, very handy).

It takes a little time to get used to typing plain html but I like it a lot more that using DW(it never did what I wanted ).

Good luck.
            Alphagamer - The place to talk about computergames!!

Comment

Dreamweaver and PHP don't mix. Its like tigers and antelope, they just dont mix..
              Board of the Month: November
              Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
              Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
              vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

Re: I used to use DW,

Originally posted by Alphagamer
                But now I use a little proggy called Editplus 2. It's like notepad but you have more option(also syntax highlighting for Php, very handy).

It takes a little time to get used to typing plain html but I like it a lot more that using DW(it never did what I wanted ).

Good luck.
                ahh me 2 alpha and I must say its the Best program I have ever used for coding websites no matter what langauge you are working it (cept coldfusion, wouldn't recommend it for that, but no1 uses that lang anyway coz...well...its crap). Yeah but anyway I seriously recommend it

Edit Plus Homepage
                Cons

Comment

I use dreamweaver for everything. Including PHP. It took me a long while to be able to accomplish this though. Between NotePad and Dreamweaver you really don't need anything else. You just need to become proficient at using it. Takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper
                    I use dreamweaver for everything. Including PHP. It took me a long while to be able to accomplish this though. Between NotePad and Dreamweaver you really don't need anything else. You just need to become proficient at using it. Takes time.
                    Yup I use dreamweaver for both (html and php)
                    haven't had any problems.
                    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X