good classifieds/personal in php?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good classifieds/personal in php?

I have been keeping my eye out for a good classifieds/personals system for a while now.

two of the main concerns are:

1) I'd like my members to be able to use the same member name & password for this system. (although, I'd like my mebers to be able to be annoymous if they want to be within the personals section...)

2) I'd like to be able to add ecommerce ability to this system, so that we can charge for listings.

Among many other things.

I have installed LinksSQL, and while it is a great program, required addons and hacking to make it function with the above requirements. Deltascripts Php Classifieds looks good, but I don't know... needs to be robust and well designed. sorta like vBulletin! haha (I love vB)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by evoir; Sun 4th Nov '01, 8:27pm.

Hi evoir

We are looking for the same thing, and it looks like we are in the same boat. I also bought Links SQL a while back, and considered using that for a personals site. I have also been researching classifieds/personals scripts for a long time now, and unfortunately I just haven't seen many high quality ones, at least not in my price range.

I am considering just using the vbulletin as the personals site. Create forums and sub-forums for the various ad categories and let them go at it. With the great vbulletin search feature, users will easily be able to find eachother. With the photopost add on, they can even have their own photo galleries.

HOWEVER, I too would like the possibility of charging users. Not now, I only have around 700 ads, but maybe sometime in the near future as the site grows.

If you run across any solutions, let me know, and I will do the same for you.

Regards

Comment

I am still considering LSQL for the job. It seems like the best approach (since we own a copy) and it is really well written.

Here's the thing: I have a very slow developement cycle, because I don't code, but I have standards of code. I like to use products like LSQL and vBulletin because they have a large and vocal userbase and I can be sure that someone is looking out for bugs and holes in the code.

I like LSQL because it is well written, can print html pages (or shtml or php or whatever pages)

So, I think we will end up using LSQL, but have to merge it with a cart, to make folks have to pay to post their classified/personal ad. I have used quikstore, and am going to embark adding some globals to LSQL and see if I can get things going.

I'm thinking of using 1 install of LSQL for content (I have that going very smoothly now) and use different category templates for the classifieds and personals.

I have been working on this in the backround for like 9 months now. Honestly, I think LSQL is the best for your money... it is so well put together.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

this might sound simplistic

my website
        www.cassvilleonline.com
        I added a personals category
        then added a subforum called online personals
        then added subforums to that subforum
        then made the category (personals) inactive in the admin setup
        then added a link at the top of the page to http://marvin.qwk.net/~cassvill/foru...?s=&forumid=30

of course it would be different for yours.

now I just need to edit the template for (newposts)
        I would kinda like it to have a list on the left side of important info.

I sure would like some help, if you think you could
        Im very new to VB, so Im just using deductive logic.

regards
        j

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X