• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

whats the html for html mark up for font style? i like bold

example.html
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="no title" charset="utf-8">
    <div> This is my container, <strong> this text is bold </strong> <br/>
    Here is more text <span class="blue">and I made it blue</span> <br/>
    <span class="morefont">And this is marked up in bold, red, much bigger font, Verdana, and with a background</span><br/>
    </div>
    style.css
    Code:
    .blue {color: blue}
    .morefont {
        font: 150% Verdana;
        color: red;
        background-color: #DDD;
        font-weight: bold;    
    }
    Live demo: http://vbfans.com/demo/example.html

Using xhtml or html5, you are able to make .html pages containing the content and the layout of your page.
    And using css2, you are able to make .css pages containing the design to the layout of your page.
    The benefit if having the css in a separate file, is so you can have unlimited .html files linking to it, and when a change is needed, only have to change the .css file, and not the infinite amount of html files one by one. Each html file of course has to link to the .css file.

Best practice therefor is to have your html pages link to a stand alone .css file. For your global style.
    You can of course include multiple .css files on a html page, for example, to make unique 'sections' of a site show in a different color.
    And you can of course use inline css, using the style=".." element in a tag. I recommend to use this only for exceptions to the design.
    You can also use id=".." in a tag, on the right of class="..", and again, used as exception or unique identifier.
    So a <div> or any tag could look like this: <div {tag elements here} class=".." id=".." style="..">..</div>
    In CSS you refer to a tag without a prefix, like <div> in css is just: div { this:that; }
    In CSS you refer to a class with a dot as prefix, like <div class="blue">: .blue { this:that; }
    In CSS you refer to an id with a hex as prefix, like <div id="bg12">: #bg12 { this:that; }

See my blog on this web site regarding more indepth css and web design, or visit my personal blog on mrfloris.com, link in signature.
    Last edited by Floris; Sun 20th Sep '09, 11:14pm.

Comment

still confused, what would i use in the html markup area inthe admincp panel for usergroup admin for Red font, bold

Comment

I don't want to answer that question, because this forum is about php/html, and not about vBulletin.

html/css is still the same of course, my example is EASY to follow and an EASY example and introduction to html/css and uses clear example that should get you started.

You can get licensed support from vBulletin by reading the notices and sticky threads that are on every page.

Comment

To get bold all you have to do is add the following
          Code:
          to CSS in your styles template under "All Style Options" you can also just make your own snippet with

Code:
          a:hover {
          font-family:Verdana, Arial;
          }
          a:hover means a hyperlink, font-weight determains how heavey or rather thick your text is. Simply putting bold will make it work. if it's not for a link you can place font-weight: bold; in any snippet which involves text.

Hope that helps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X