Show permission question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show permission question

I'm using a box in my navabar that gets displayed to members visiting the forum who have NOT activated their accounts. Thing is though, I've come across two version of the same permission below that does the same job. I'm using the 1st one right now, but I'm begining to wonder if that's for an old version and I should be using the 2nd instead for vBulletin 3.6?

Anybody!

1: <if condition="$bbuserinfo['usergroupid'] == 3">
    2: <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, 3)">

Which one is the right one to use with vBulletin 3.6 above

the first one is way faster than the second, as it is not starting a new process but only compare two elements... the second one is a function of 58 lines, AND contain calls to reverted variables, which add more lines to the process...

both are compatible from vB 3.5 and up
    oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Thanks Nex, I'll stick with the one I'm using then (1st).

Comment

oh, btw, a notice: your #1 is only checking the usergroup, not the membergroups *(secondary groups)... #2 will check all positions.
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Does it need to check secondary Usergroup, if they get moved from "Awaiting Email Validation" group to "Member" group once they activate the email. I'm far from being clued-up on this as a whole.

Would I be better using the second option? The idea is, they see a message below the navbar after joining, and once they click the email validation link and get moved into the default members group (but I also have custom members groups also based on post count). The message disappears.

Comment

"awaiting email" is a primary group if you are driving the default engine...

Comment

Like I say, I'm not that clued-up with how this all works permission wise. You know better than me, would you say go with option 2 instead?

Comment

actually, for THIS situation, you're better with #1...

Comment

Ha, ha OK!

Comment

Working...
                  X