How To Hide Forums In Forumhome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Hide Forums In Forumhome?

Okay so i found this guide and i'm assuming it still works with the newest version of vBulletin: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101594

But i want to make it where when someone clicks a link on the forum, the forums that are hidden will now show, and the ones that were showing will now hide. I want to be able to do this without the page having to refresh, like an automatic switch. Do you get what i am trying to do? It will be as if a whole new site comes up when they click another link that triggers the new forums showing and the old ones hiding. Thanks for any help, i can provide any additional info you might need.

What you need is very similar to jquery accordion menu
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...ordionmenu.htm

using this maybe get a better picture.
    http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...daccordion.htm

this will be a massive forumhome editing.
    I think can be done because all class using the same name.
    Get Our New Flat Theme Pro Pack or Grab all 34 vb5.5.4 skins @sultantheme.com -vb3 responsive style or vb4 responsive style and vbcloud custom style

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post
        Following
        This is 11 years old and is for vBulletin 4.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post

This is 11 years old and is for vBulletin 4.
          Yes but that the only topic i saw that i can read and get an idea how to do that accordion thing , putting in mind its old and for vb4 .. but just to take general idea 1st.

I hope if there is available or clear steps to do with vb5. If u please know any.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhorse View Post

Yes but that the only topic i saw that i can read and get an idea how to do that accordion thing , putting in mind its old and for vb4 .. but just to take general idea 1st.

I hope if there is available or clear steps to do with vb5. If u please know any.
            The easiest way would be to use the existing classes and IDs from the help menu JS file.

If you use anything else you are likely to have class and ID conflicts in your HTML and CSS if not in your jQuery.

If it was me I would copy the existing help menu to a new custom template and edit it as needed.

Alternatively, you might consider using a third party Wiki Media type add on. It's more or less the same thing without all the work.

Comment

This won't work at all in vBulletin 5. First, it was written for vBulletin 3.0. Second, it was being asked if it worked in the new vBulletin 4, five years later than the original tip. Third, vBulletin 5 doesn't even use the same template names. Even trying to use it as an example is going to lead you astray. vBulletin 3 used YUI as its main JavaScript framework. vBulletin 5 does not.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment