Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! I've got a working demo of beta2 running at:
    http://www.jumpworld.net/~tgdemo/browse.php
    I haven't edited anything on this demo, so this is how it comes.

The "See more articles by this author" link is giving me the following error:
    Code:
    Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/tgdemo/public_html/search.php on line 25
    Need search words.
    Any clue why this is happening?

Also, I'd like to see the following features:
    • A closed submit an article section, where only people who have a valid user account (set by admin) can post.
    • An include image feature. Would let you select an image either on your server, or be able to upload one. This would be displayed on the article page, maybe in a little table on the right.
    • A recent articles feature, which would allow you to customize a list of the most recent articles (3 articles for example), and have a picture associated with them.

I know most of that is probably way off, but it would make life a whole lot easier on me and other webmasters, by allowing the site to update the articles itself, and update the main page with a new link.

Let me know what you think about these suggestions
    --dcsonic2k

Comment

Originally posted by dcsonic2k
      The "See more articles by this author" link is giving me the following error:
      Code:
      Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object 
      in /home/tgdemo/public_html/search.php on line 25
      Need search words.
      [/B]
      Ed, I tried this on my php4 server and am having the same error. On my php3 server it works perfectly. So it seems there is some kind of conflict between the two versions in this script.

Comment

Ed,

Is your email adress in your profile current?

Comment

So once again I am a month and a half behind everyone - story of my life

ok probably dumb question but I am terrified to go on and install this (and I saw this on Eds site a few days ago and loved it, didnt realize it was a separate program)

Do I use the same database name as the one vbulletin is operating on or do I have to create a new one?

There that is it (can you tell I am a newbie at this)

Comment

http://www.esuitetoday.com/marticle.php (if it works now. If not, wait a little). Download 1.0 b3.

It's a separate program and can be installed into any database. There is no integration with vBulletin by default.

Comment

Is it possible to add fields to the database?

I'd be interested in using mArticle as a review database but I'd need to add about a bunch of extra fields to the database. I'd like to have about 5 different categories each with different stuff to enter.

Your script is totally awesome and I can see potential with what I'm looking into doing... just some minor mods would be needed.

Keep up the great work and please let me know if what I'm interested in doing is feasible.

Thanks.
              Jason

Comment

Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but yes - it's totally possible. But don't really expect any support

Comment

Thanks for your input.

I was not really expecting any support... I just wanted to know if it was doable.

Jason

Comment

Oh my gosh, this is great! I've been looking for a more efficient article system for a while- this may be exactly what I need! Thanks so much for sharing this script- it looks awesome!

TigerLily

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X