Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse Error: Editing ShowThread.php

Hi there

I'm not sure whether or not this is an HTML question, or a php question, but if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

Note: Mods I posted this to both HTML and PHP forums so please delete the one that doesn't belong. It seems to me that it sort of entwines with both??

Ok here goes

After editing Showthread.php I receive the following error when I click on view thread:

Parse error: parse error in /home/iso-cent/iso-central-www/forum/showthread.php on line 616

The original code I inserted into showthread.php which works fine is:

'<blockquote><font face="Verdana, Arial"><hr><b>Text Here</b><br><hr></font></blockquote>'
    What I want to do is make the text red, italic and smaller, so I did this:

'<blockquote><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2" color="#FF0000"><hr><b><i>Text Here</i></b><br><hr></font></blockquote>'
    and that's where I get the error when opening new thread I've tried a few different variations of that and no luck

Any ideas? I would also like to say thank you to all who have helped me here, your support has been tremendous!!

Thanks again.

Sure you didn't accidently change the code somewhere else? is that a copy and paste of your changed code? have you checked your end things are there: ;

I can't see why it won't work, it should, though shouldn't it be...
    PHP Code:
    "<blockquote><font face='Verdana, Arial' size='2' color='#FF0000'><hr><b><i>Text Here</i></b><br><hr></font></blockquote>"

Comment

Yes it was a direct cut/paste from the code

Code that worked. Code that didn't

I'm going to try what you suggested.

Cheers

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X