Inserting PHP into the Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting PHP into the Header

I'd like to insert PHP code inside the Header using the Styles Modify section of the admin panel. When I insert PHP in there, it's being treated as text and not as PHP when I load up the board. Is whatever code located in that textarea being converted before being used?
    Deyth Valkyrre
    The Combine

The only template that parses PHP is the "PHP Include" template (or phpinclude in its real name).
    Everything that is done in that template can be used later in ALL of the other regular templates.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Only $variables Firefly

Comment

I found a way around it by doing a db call and inserting the final result into a variable which I then inserted into the header. I did this so I could put news headlines from my web site at the top of the bulletin board. If anyone is interested it can be viewed at http://www.the-combine.net/vbulletin
        Deyth Valkyrre
        The Combine

Comment

Nice site.

And not a bad idea, if i had a 'news' section id probably do the same thing

Comment

could you just use <?php and ?> in the header code

Comment

Nope.
              Chen Avinadav
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X