I need some PHP Coding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some PHP Coding!

I'm hopeing that someone might be able to help me with a little addition to my site. Now I don't know much about PHP, but have programmed in many other languages, and would consider my self as "not bad" when it comes to programming. However, I don't know the first thing about PHP, or MySQL, hence I hope someone out there could help.

What I want to be able to do sounds simple enough. All I want is that at the end of EVERY post, is displayed a unique number. Lets say a ten digit number. (It would be nice if I could configure how many digits to use). Thus if someone posts a message, once it is displayed in the Forums, it has a UNIQUE ten digit number tagged onto the bottom of the message, much like a signature. Perhaps the words ID, could be displayed before the 10 digit number. I plan to use this number to track the posts on my system, hence I can refer back to post ID=1234567890 etc. Now it must be unique, ie no other post can have the same number. also the ID doesn't have to be ten digits, just 10 digits MAX. Hence if vb stores a message ID variable somewhere in its database, then that could be displayed as the ID. All I want is a unique number 10 digits or less displayed on every post, with the words ID= before it. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Also note, if you supply code, I don't have an editor to add it into to an existing file, so if you could suggest a freeware editor at the same time, that would be even better!

Edit your postbit template and add this:
    Code:
    ID=$post[postid]
    anywhere in it.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Problem Solved

FireFly, you're a gun!!!!! I didn't expect the code to be that simple. That solution was exactly what I was hoping for!!! I can't thank you enough. If I could buy you a beer, I would!!!!! Thanks mate.

Comment

Your place or mine?

No problem...
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X