a forum for real programming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a forum for real programming?

IMHO, there should be a forum for real programming, such as Win32, C/C++,Java and so on.

There should also be some subforums for stuff like OpenGL programming, directX programming, and so on.

Just what I think. Is this the best forum to post this in?

-Vic

Head over to http://www.vb-world.com for some real programming - I know it is primarily Visual Basic but I'm not sure if it has forums for others as well.

Comment

I don't suppose you noticed that all forums on this site are related to the product that they are selling.

C/C++, VB, Java, etc, etc has nothing to do with vB.

It figures that you would link to a site using vB. hehe.. Nice site. It looks like their forums are bases on Microsoft products.

Comment

VB-World just doesn't use vBulletin... It is the sole basis for why vBulletin exists.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

LOL!

Well, now I doubt that. If that were true, vB would most likely be written in ASP (VBScript, to be exact).

Comment

I for one would not be in support of adding general purpose programming topics to the forums here.

If it's not related to vBulletin, it shouldn't be in the vBulleting community support forums. They are busy enough as it is, and hard to keep up with unless you come in multiple times a day to read the threads here.

There are plenty of other places to talk programming with other people on the net.

-t
            Tim Hewitt
            myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
            myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

Max, Wayne's right. That would be John's (& James') site.

See: http://www.jelsoft.com/

Comment

tis a good site to got me through a couple university vis basic assignments I couldnt be bothered to learn vis basic for

Comment

really?

So why was PHP choosen to write vB for a VB site? (hehe)

Comment

http://www.zend.com/zend/cs/vbworld.php
                    "CTO John Percival chose PHP for his Microsoft Visual Basic developers site because of its DB connectivity, ease of use and amazing speed compared to Perl. Cross-platform compatibility made development so much easier: he created applications on Windows and uploaded them to the Linux server. "

Comment

yet another bit of proof of the advantages of PHP over the "other" language

Comment

cross-platform and price are the two major advantages I see. Speed is an advantage over Perl also. But, IMHO, PHP has a ways to go to match the power of ASP. (though PHP is my favorite language)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X