Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwh
    replied
    ok, I'll try one of those, but I've never successfully compiled anything. Before I try to go thru the hassle I'm trying to see how much it helps. Seems to be just speeding up php? Does anyone know if it had an effect on vb performance?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    sorry meant check your php.ini file for the entry and comment it out

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    well just comment out the entry as above or install zend if you want

http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-optimizer.php

How is the Zend Optimizer installed?

Under UNIX:
    1. Compile PHP 4 in non-debug mode - or else the Zend Optimizer won't load. As of 4.0.1, this is the default, no special configure option is required.

2. Copy the ZendOptimizer.so file to your system; a good place to put it is in the /usr/local/Zend/lib directory.

3. Add the following two lines to your php.ini file; do not add any extra spaces or tabs:
    zend_optimizer.optimization_level=15
    zend_extension="/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so"

4. Restart your Apache web server.

Leave a comment:

• dwh
    replied
    now that's weird, I did a search of the file (case sensitive) and there's no Zend in there at all!!

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    not zend optimiser is not crucial

check your php.ini file and comment out the line loading the ZendOptimiser.so module and restart apache
    Last edited by George L; Wed 29 Aug '01, 5:35am.

Leave a comment:

• dwh
    replied
    Hmm, the Zend directory isn't even there. Why is it trying to load it then? Is it important to have Zend?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    can't find ZendOptimser.so in /usr/local/Zend/lib?

check to see if it's there

Leave a comment:

• dwh
    started a topic Zend optimiser failed?

Zend optimiser failed?

Got this error, anyone understands what it means and what I can do about it?
    "Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendOptimizer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
    file or directory
    "
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X