A great php coded site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great php coded site

This is one of the best php sites i've seen so far and I was wondering if the content management script was custom coded or purchased?

oh.. almost forgot.. here's the URL: www.sitepoint.com

I'm looking for such a portal script in ASP or PHP.. Does anyone know if I can buy a "ready made" template based site creation software?

I beleive wluke is affiliated with them. He runs http://www.sitepointforums.com. Here is his profile.

http://vbulletin.com/forum/member.ph...nfo&userid=868

I would talk to him, he probably knows whats going down..
    Board of the Month: November
    Websites: Pixeljunction , vBulletin.org
    Button Sets: XP and Aqua Button sets! FREE!
    vB Customization: My sig is now vbulletin compliant. Contact me to make yours compliant too!

Comment

The CMS there is custom coded.

It is currently being re-written so that it is customizable and easier to use for a possible commercial release. Right now the developers are working on a WYSIWYG article editor in Java (Standalone and Web-based) using SitePoint Markup. This will allow us to have authors enter in their own articles instead of having the editor do it all.

From there the integration with vBulletin needs to be tightened up, some code optimized and the admin "control panel" rewritten.

vBulletin integration currently includes Active Topics with the ability to list certain forums on certain pages and related forums attached to each article.

We still haven't decided to release it though.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Here is a package that is comparable to what we have that is available now... It is hosted and a little pricey but could solve some people's needs.

http://www.atomz.com/services/atomz_publish/index.htm

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wluke..
          Atomz really is pricy for my kind of budget.
          What about letting SitePointDesign.com design the site for me? Or should I just wait for the commercial version of their software?

And what about Microsoft's SharePoint Portal Server and Content Management Server? Would these be a good alternative?

Comment

Well Microsoft's solutions cost thousands of dollars.

In about 10-15 days SitePoint will be releasing a new book written by Kevin Yank. It is set around building a database driven site in PHP and MySQL.

The examples will help you build a complete CMS system for your site plus give you the skills needed to add the features you need.

It will sell for approximately $35.00 (US) and will be shipped directly to your home. This is an actual hard bound book and you will have direct contact with the author through our forums.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I think the term CMS is used too broadly. Traditionally, a CMS is along the lines of what Atomz is offering. A system that allows checking in and out by multiple developers, designers and copy writers of the entire contents required to build and publish a site.

I think what a lot of people want is something of a cross between a news publisher and an article management system all driven by a ready to use php, jsp, asp, perl engine, customisable with templates.

Have a look at this new product. It's written by the people of pcmech.com. It might be just what you're after.

I must admit though, I'd love for SitePoint to release theirs.
              http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Can anyone tell me what www.atomz.com offer you in a NUTSHELL. I dont seem to get what they offer their customers

thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X