Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chexbox
    replied
    Gellpak, I love you. Thank you for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Gellpak
    replied
    probly not

Leave a comment:

• Chexbox
    replied
    But I only have 2MB on my MySQL database. Is that enough if I have 40 new visitors per day?

Leave a comment:

• Gellpak
    replied
    you can do that, but its a good idea to store the info in a database too

Leave a comment:

• Chexbox
    replied
    So, in order to make a web site where the page greets the person by their first name based on a form they submitted a while ago I'd have to set a cookie?
    Do other web sites wipe out the variables that I set?

Leave a comment:

• Gellpak
    replied
    theyre passed to the script and processed, thats pretty much the whole basis of the scripts....

Leave a comment:

• Chexbox
    replied
    I'm sorry
    okay, what happens to the variables when a new page is loaded within the same browser window?

Leave a comment:

• Gellpak
    replied
    ask specific questions about it

Leave a comment:

• Chexbox
    replied
    Originally posted by Chexbox
    I get how the binary is stored in the txt file and all but I can't figure the PHP script out. What does it mean?
    Yeah, that helps. But I wanted to be able to understand the code because, like most scripts on these forums, there are some complex things in there that are not explained and that I can't understand and people just don't have the time or patients to explain things to those that don't understand. I'll just get a book on PHP.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hensler
    replied
    nope... better to be safe then sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Gellpak
    replied
    hmm
    well i suppose it cant really hurt too much either

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hensler
    replied
    In my experience, I've never had to print a head before the image's binary data. It just seemed to work.

If you open a GIF in notepad, the first few characters say "GIF89a". If you open a JPEG, it has all kinds of stuff in the first few lines. I think browsers are smart enough to read this info, and determine the image type.

Leave a comment:

• Gellpak
    replied
    check out this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=19186

Leave a comment:

• Chexbox
    replied
    I get how the binary is stored in the txt file and all but I can't figure the PHP script out. What does it mean?

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hensler
    replied
    Well...
    The binary data is being displayed as a bunch of (non-ASCII) characters.

Open a graphic in notepad (or any other ASCII editor). You're viewing binary data in a non-binaray form. But that doesn't mean it's text.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X