image in new window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image in new window

On my webpage I'd like thumbnail pics to link to larger versions of the pics, which should open up in a new window, preferably with no border, options or title, sized exactly to fit the large image, with "Close this window" underneath the pic...

Does anyone know a good way to do this? I have it working almost using a Javascript routine, but still have the title + resizing buttons... All thumbs link to .html files, one for each pic... (I guess PHP would be a better way, but I've not started learning that yet - that's my next task..).

Thanks for any help,
    Bob

Alternatively, can anyone send me links to sites that use thumbnails in similar ways, or in other nice ways?

Comment

Search any java site for javascript pop up codes.

They have built in options for sizes, no borders, no title, etc.

Comment

search for chromeless or containerless windows. I would post some code but it is rather lengthy.

Comment

Well according to the date in the original post, there's no telling if this will still be useful, but here's a useful little tidbit I picked up along the way somewhere... (replace the bold values with your own custom values)

Code:

<a href="#" onClick="InfoWindow=window.open(yourpage.htm','InfoWindow',
          'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, 
          resizable=no, width=300, height=280, left=160, top=360'); return false;">
          I haven't used this in a while, but I believe the left and top values indicate where the window displays on the screen. Play around with the no values too (i.e. menubar, scrollbars, etc)

Also...

To add a close button to your pop up window:
          In your pop up window document, add the following code:

Code:
          <input type='BUTTON' value='Close'onClick='self.close()' name="BUTTON" class="button">

I have a really bad memory, so I keep a text file for any useful scripts I find that I think I may need later on... This would be one of them. Hope it helps.

Chris
          Last edited by Hondastyle; Sun 7 Oct '01, 7:40pm.
          Hondastyle
          www.hondastyle.com
          www.dsmscene.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X