X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gregc
    replied
    PHP and MySQL Web Development

as the subject line says... Go to Amazon.com and buy that book (or buy from wherever). It is the best PHP book I've found so far. It is for the Intermediate/Advanced programmer so I suggest you get "PHP Essentials" and read through the first 4 chapters of the book and then drop it and go to PHP and MySQL web development. PHP Essentials is outdated but it is pretty good to use for the first 4 chapters. Oh yeah, and by the way, code in the book sometimes doesn't work so don't go crazy if something like a browser redirection script doesn't work - the book is outdated like I said.

Gregory C.

Leave a comment:

• bob_pitbull
    replied
    Thanks....

Leave a comment:

• krs-one
    replied
    before ever posting...

before ever posting, you should do a search and see if someone has already asked that question, so you don't have to reask the same thing and have people waste their time responding to you.

http://vbulletin.com/forum/search.ph...der=descending

try that link out.

-vic

Leave a comment:

• bob_pitbull
    started a topic good book on PHP?

good book on PHP?

I'd like to learn PHP coding, can someone recommend a good book? Or if not, a decent website with lots of tutorials? Amazon have a fair few, but I've no idea which would be the best...

I'm mostly interested in this kind of PHP coding - creating custom news pages, searches, message board stuff, etc... nothing too "serious" (online shops etc) at this stage.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X