cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cookies

I'm trying to finish up a login script, but cookies are not setting. I used setcookie() in the top of the page hader, but it don't seem to be working. I made a test page and did if( isset(cookiename) ) and logged in and clicked on a link to that page, and it didn't work. Anyone know whats wrong with this? I have setcookie() in my page header before anything else.

Here's what I have for setting cookies:
    PHP Code:
    setcookie"portal""myportal"time()+3600"/""$SERVER_NAME"); 

Make sure that you call setcookie at the VERY beginning of your script/file, it acts on the same principles as the header() function and must be called before any output is sent to the browser.
    Aaron
    aewebdesign

Comment

yeah I do have it like that. in my page header the first 2 lines are:

PHP Code:
      <?php
      setcookie
      (blah blah blah)

Comment

somebody please?

Comment

you will get a php error if you were putting the set-cookie in the wrong place, so it probably isnt that... you need to check how PHP is set up on the server your script is running as it might be setting the cookie in the $HTTP_COOKIES_VARS. The option is track_vars i think... and it changes whether passed variables from cookies or forms etc are available through their variable name....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X