Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin sessions inside-out?

Hi,

I try to understand the way vBulletin handles sessions? Right now I see it like this (wild guess), please correct me if I'm wrong!

* First you will get a random 'string' s.
    * On login, give user these cookies: bbpassword, bbuserid, bblastactivity [and some others] (now cookied!)
    * In case of NOT cookied: INSER s (random) INTO table 'session', together with bbuserid = 0 when s is unique.
    * In case of cookied: INSER bbuserid (from cookie) together with s (random) INTO table 'session' when s is unique.

* Everytime you do something, give user an updated 'bblastactivity' cookie, and also UPDATE table 'session'.

Is this the way it works?
    How does the script DELETE old sessions from the table? Does it calculate how long the last 'bblastactivity' was, if it was to long ago then delete?

And when a password is needed, does the script use the password from the cookie, or from the database?

Hope I made clear what I mean.

Please, I'd like to know this for a site I'm making. I don't have to know it in detail.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X