No announcement yet.

How can i use vBulletin's .HTM version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i use vBulletin's .HTM version?

hi,
    i'm using vB 3.6 .php version.
    i want to use .htm version, how can i use this ?

Ask your hosting provider to read .php files as .html files. It is still PHP, but it reads all extensions as .html as PHP then. If you use .php I recommend sticking to that.

Comment

Carn't you just download it in the members area, it says

More Download Options >> PHP File Extension >> .html

Comment

As far as I am aware, you can view the board in HTML mode, but you can't post or do any other actions like that. PHP works by processing the various commands, say PHP includes, and after being parsed, it will appear on your PC's browser in HTML (you can see by right mouse clicking and selecting view source).

Comment

Also if you use vB SEO you can set the PHP files to be read as .HTM files, vB SEO will convert all your PHP files to .HTM making it more browser and searchbot friendly.
          Colin F is my hero!

Comment

vBSEO does nothiung of the such.

the .html veriszon of vBulletin is the same as the .php version but instead of
            showthread.php?t=X its showthread.html?t=X

vBSEO uses mod_rewrite to rewrite urls. It does not actaully rewrite the fiels thougth

Comment

i uploaded my vb's .html version and edited config.
              showing like this http://www.maxicep.com/vb_html/index.html
              this mean my hosting not supported php using in html?

Comment

No, most do not. It is an exception when this happens, and that's why we offer the download for it. Like I mentioned, ask your hosting provider first if they can change this to have .html execute as .php

Comment

Create a .htaccess file in your root forums directory or if you already have one add this code to the file.

Code:
                  AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
                  This will execute the .html pages as PHP and should work for you.

Comment

You will also have to revert all your templates and import the XML files for language, style and adminhelp in your install directory. You can use tools.html for this purpose after you upload your new files.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X