estimated cost for this script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• estimated cost for this script

Hi, I`m thinking of setting up a PHP review script on my site in the future. I`m wondring if anyone could estimate the cost of hiring a programmer to do this? It will be much like the one Amazon uses, and some integrated elements to vBulletin.
    I`m not talking about exact estimate, but are we talking about hundreds or thousands?

+ is PHP/MySQL a good choice for this sort of script?

Try http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...s_and_Ratings/ - maybe you'll find a script there. There ain't many scripts, but the available ones are rated pretty good.

Can't help you w/ the estimation, tho, sorry.

Comment

$240...

Nicely done with vbulletin integration (or so the site indicates)

http://www.randommouse.com/cgi-bin/rms/index.cgi

Comment

That was what I was looking for adland, THANKS!
        Seems like a very advanced review script with most features I wanted (Much cheaper for me to get someone to hack it). And now it`s 40% off, so I`m going to buy that one-year mySQL licence.
        Thanks again, adland!

Comment

Re: $240...

Originally posted by adland
          Nicely done with vbulletin integration (or so the site indicates)

http://www.randommouse.com/cgi-bin/rms/index.cgi
          WHERE does the site indicate this? I couldn't find any reference to vB.

Seems a bit expensive. I'd prefer to see a version that has searchable reviews.

Comment

For a well coded review script, comparable to Amazon you are looking at $2,500.

I wrote a really basic one before (Which was so basic I wouldn't even sell it for $10 ), I think that Hotscripts may have used it, and modified it for use on their site. You have to realise the ammount of work that can go into a well coded script.
            Michael Bray

Comment

Yes, I realize that. I didn`t buy the script from randommouse because I suddently realized the script wasn`t made in php. I would like it to integrate closely to vBulletin, so I know I need a fully customizable one. I`ll hire someone to do it if the site gets succesful and I get some income from it.

Comment

In the site's forum, he announced a 1.06 beta version whose feature description included:

2) you can authenticate reviewers who are members of user databases associated with the following programs: Links SQL, PHP-Nuke, Ultimate BB, VBulletin, and WWWThreads. the coupling by which this is achieved can be generalized to any user database that allows authentication based on either a username or e-mail address, as well as a password.

Comment

This one is coming along nicely. $99 in beta, $149 after release.

http://www.incursio.com/products/censura/demo/

Comment

I had one done for about $1200

I had bids from several people/programmers which ranged in price from $300 - $2500 for the complete script. After looking at several other projects my "finalists" had done I chose one. His price happened to be in the middle.

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.review-script.com

Originally posted by DiverSteve
                      I had one done for about $1200

I had bids from several people/programmers which ranged in price from $300 - $2500 for the complete script. After looking at several other projects my "finalists" had done I chose one. His price happened to be in the middle.
                      Five Star Review Script - Add reviews to your website!
                      Mixed Martial Arts - Houston MMA Training
                      Women's Self-Defense - Courses and DVDs available

Comment

If you still need help, it canbe dne for 400$. I can do i quickly and professionaly. Have made several commercial php scripts.

Comment

Here's a nice script and it works with vb....

Comment

DiverSteve,
                            Do you know of a good site(s) where I can request custome made scripts/programms?

Thanks.
                            R.L.

ps. others comments are welcome

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X