Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you guys using to edit the PHP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bira
    replied
    I use UltraEdit and would swear by it. I can also go over the so many advantages it has over TextPad, but I'll spare you of my enthusiastic talk

As for syntax highlighting for UltraEdit - you can download some for PHP from UltraEdit's site. I made my custom one that you can download here and then copy/paste at the end of your wordfile.txt file (you can find it in the ultraedit main dir or open it via Advanced -> Configuration -> Syntax Highlighting). You can later change the colours (in "Syntax Highlighting") as I chose a stark contrast of colouring for various commonly used functions, seeing as I'm rather a newbie to PHP and still need visual aids

[Edited by bira on 08-14-2000 at 10:17 PM]

Leave a comment:

• poil11
    replied
    on macintosh simpletext

on macintosh simpletext or bbedit, get a mac.

Leave a comment:

• BrianL
    replied
    I was wondering whether anyone was going to mention EditPlus. IMO, it's the best text editor out there. Syntax highlighting for tons of languages, as well as HTML buttons like coffeecup or homesite. All in small, cheap, and better yet, FAST package.

Leave a comment:

• BenchRacer
    replied
    Edit Plus

Leave a comment:

• MattR
    replied
    Peter,
    No problem! I highly recommend TextPad, but mainly because I haven't used the other ones out there. However, the PHP4 definition makes it incredibly easy to use with the syntax highliting, coloring, etc.

Give it a try!

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    TextPad Extensions

Thanks; I knew they were on there somewhere. Not sure how I missed the "Syntax Definitions" link!

Leave a comment:

• MattR
    replied
    Peter,

You can download a free TextPad PHP4 definition file here:
    ftp://ftp.textpad.com/pub/addons/syntax/php4.zip

Or if you want a listing of other PHP syntax files (3.0 and whatnot):
    http://www.textpad.com/add-ons/ntsyn.html

Leave a comment:

• customcpu
    replied
    John,
    All this talk about editors makes me wonder... What platform/editor was vB created in?

Leave a comment:

• phumphries
    replied
    Has anyone created definitions for PHP word highlighting (for the mentioned editors that support custom definitions) that you would care to share?

Leave a comment:

• Shaman
    replied
    heh

vi

No, really.

Also nedit on UNIX, and looking at Screem.

Leave a comment:

• Menno
    replied
    I'll stick with textpad

Best damn text tool I've ever seen

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    http://www.notetab.com

NoteTab Light is all you'll ever need.... this free app is amazing ..... sorry but i had to do this hehe

NoteTab Light is the ultimate free Notepad replacement and a capable HTML editor. A slimmer version of the award-winning NoteTab Pro, this slick application makes text editing a breeze. Move quickly around a stack of large
    files with a simple tabbed interface. Format your text to your heart's content. Write with the font of your choice, fixed-width or proportional.

If you need to cut and paste chunks from a pile of files, forget the Clipboard: you can set up a Paste Board file to save text clips automatically. Strip HTML tags from your files. Call up complete document statistics instantly. Use
    powerful, system-wide search and replace tools.

Speed up your work with text macros: you can use them as shortcuts, or even to auto-replace those persistent typos. Handy sample macro libraries are supplied, and you can easily build your own. Make the most of NoteTab's many options to suit your own workstyle.

Leave a comment:

• carp
    replied
    I use Arachnophilia.
    Its good for just about every kind of internet programming language you can think of.

http://www.arachniod.com/

Leave a comment:

• Chris Schreiber
    replied
    Re: WOW

Originally posted by customcpu
    Am I the only one who uses emacs??
    Well ok... I do *some* stuff in vi... but most of the time I find it much easier to develop and test on windows.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• doron
    replied
    homesite, which has cool php keyword-coloring

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X