Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to assign a maxlength tag to a form textarea ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToraTora!
    replied
    Now that i read it over again, i think he is talking about the forums signature area in posts...that is not a place you want to be sticking java in....

Leave a comment:

• ToraTora!
    replied
    Thats what i had suggested twice, and posted twice before my last reply, and than i read it over, and thought i was way off.
    So, i deleted the other two that said basically the same thing you are, and threw that the simple HTML up there.

Basically, if what he means in his post, is what your saying, and what I previously posted, than he should check out the java script store for form validators which cover the whole spectrum of text, number, and email fields.
    I was just there earlier checking a couple out.

Leave a comment:

• OneChance
    replied
    I believe he was referring to the textarea tag. You can do it with JavaScript, and I'm sure you can put something in your CGI script to display an error message if someone exceeds the limit.

Leave a comment:

• ToraTora!
    replied
    <input type="text" name="var name" size="20" maxlength="30" value="here is some text">

the "size" is the box size. "Maxlength" is the character length.

Leave a comment:

• Is there a way to assign a maxlength tag to a form textarea ?

Hi,
    is there a way to assign a maxlength value to limit charaters in a form text area ? (exemple to the signature textarea ?)

Thanks,
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X