• Show
Clear All

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_entities.asp

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Well aparently, if you use &amp; instead of & in some cases were it's included in a < > html link, they still get validated as "&" which still makes it fail.

Note that replacing & with &amp; is only done when writing the URL in HTML, where "&" is a special character (along with "<" and ">"). When writing the same URL in a plain text email message or in the location bar of your browser, you would use "&" and not "&amp;". With HTML, the browser translates "&amp;" to "&" so the Web server would only see "&" and not "&amp;" in the query string of the request
    As I just found out then read the reason why. What exactly is is &amp for. Is it to insert a space. Or does it basicly means: this "and" this

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    hehe

thanks marco, I just found the amswer here also, as well as some other pointers.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    & = &amp;

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I've noticed this doesn't get validated which I marked in "red" here on my forumhome.

Code:
    91105d1dd04fd65b0&amp;find=lastposter[COLOR=red]&[/COLOR]threadid=1134">Snake</a>
    What should I use as an alernative instead of that "&" that will pass validation. Does that just act a space? Becuase if it does, I know I can use the other code for space instead that passes validation. But I don't know what that "&" is there for in the code.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    that was the problem, they were missing. It just passed validation now after adding them

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    IS there a <thead> before the first <tbody> element?

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    started a topic WC3 Validation help needed

WC3 Validation help needed

I've been validating my homepage in WC3

And I have it now were I just have 3 errors, but there all the same error which refers to this 3 times.

document type does not allow element "tbody" here .

In this section of my code.

Code:
    <tbody id="collapseobj_sponsored_links" style=""[B][COLOR=red]>[/COLOR][/B]

<tbody id="collapseobj_latest_news" style=""[B][COLOR=red]>[/COLOR][/B]

<tbody id="collapseobj_latest_threads" style=""[B][COLOR=red]>[/COLOR][/B]
    I'm not sure why is doesn't validate it, as I ran the vBulletin forum page through it and it comes back as 100% validated, but yet you still have that same tbody in the code yourself in the same place as me.

Code:
    <[COLOR=red]tbody[/COLOR] id="collapseobj_latest_threads" style=""[B][COLOR=black]>[/COLOR][/B]
    you can validate my page here and see the code to see whats wrong.
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...pe=Inline&ss=1