vBulletin cached by google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin cached by google?

are vBulletin posts all cached by google, or do i have to find a mod to implement so that they will be cached?

any help would be great.

Originally posted by mikeinjersey
    are vBulletin posts all cached by google, or do i have to find a mod to implement so that they will be cached?

any help would be great.
    vbulletin and the archive are fully spiderable out of the box. There are hacks and addons to increase the effectiveness but these are not necessary for getting a proper inclusion, just for going further.
    Ted & the Giftery.me Team

New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
    Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

Comment

Theres no way to force google to cache, or not cache anything. vBulletin si fairly well SEO'ed to begin with.

Comment

Are you trying to get support for your forum, or is this a pre-sales question?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          Are you trying to get support for your forum, or is this a pre-sales question?
          pre-sales question. So even the topics/posts are automatically cacheable by search engines out of the box?

vbulletin and the archive are fully spiderable out of the box.
          i dont understand what u mean by archive..i have to create a seperate archive to be cached?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/index.php

Look at the bottom of this page.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinjersey
              pre-sales question. So even the topics/posts are automatically cacheable by search engines out of the box?

i dont understand what u mean by archive..i have to create a seperate archive to be cached?
              No, they're not automatically cached by a search engine. But yes, they are cachable.

How google comes and indexes, crawls and caches pages is unknown to me in detail. But add your url to google and it will come, it will come back and crawl deeper. You get content to change it has a reason to come back. Eventually it will also make a cache of the page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X