Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you learn PHP?

Hi,

I am wondering where did the vBulletin creators learn PHP? I was looking through the vBulletin code and thought, "damn, this is the coolest and neatest coding I have ever seen in my whole life". How do you do it? And where did you learn?

Lol.. I really like the comment you made about the neatest and coolest coding part. I don't know from where/how vbulletin learned PHP coding. But I learned PHP & MySQL from quite a few sources.

Books
    • PHP & MySQL Visual QuickPro Guide by larry ullman
    • PHP & MySQL for dummies (good reference, not good learning book)
    Video CDS
    • VTC - PHP & MySQL Training by Joshua Mustofa
    I do have some other small books like PHP Pocket reference but they aren't really worth listing them. And when you develop a script use Zend Studio Client, no notepad and even Dreamweaver. Zend Studio Client is extremely good and will help you to make neat codes. I still see many people starting php tags with <?, instead of standard <?php tag. And then include file.php;, instead of standard include("file.php");. The magic of neat coding is write codes that are standard . And don't just write your whole code in single line, branch them nicely, use comments and spaces effectively and so on.
    Out to Change the world!

Comment

You might wanna see this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149734

Got half the vB team to post in it
      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

I learned from a book.

Comment

php.net

Comment

The PHP and mySQL documentation helped a lot

Comment

some tutorials at www.spoono.com & php manual (php.net)
              Optimize your website
              Cool Wallpaper
              All Android Rom

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X