X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Box integrated....

Hey guys,

I have the following code on my sites homepage so that they can log directly into the forum itself. It works fine, except when you enter your username and password, it logs you in, but then redirects to the site homepage again.

What in the code do I need to change to make it go to the form after a user logs in?

Thanks

Here's the code:-

Code:
    [LEFT]<!-- login form -->
      <form action="login.php" method="post" onsubmit="md5hash(vb_login_password, vb_login_md5password, vb_login_md5password_utf, 0)">
      <script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_md5.js"></script>
      <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" border="0">
      <tr>
       <td class="smallfont">User Name</td>
       <td><input type="text" class="bginput" style="font-size: 11px" name="vb_login_username" id="navbar_username" size="10" accesskey="u" tabindex="101" value="User Name" onfocus="if (this.value == 'User Name') this.value = '';" /></td>
       <td class="smallfont" colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"><label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="103" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" />Remember Me?</label></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
       <td class="smallfont">Password</td>
       <td><input type="password" class="bginput" style="font-size: 11px" name="vb_login_password" size="10" accesskey="p" tabindex="102" /></td>
       <td><input type="submit" class="button" value="Log in" tabindex="104" title="Enter your username and password in the boxes provided to login, or click the 'register' button to create a profile for yourself." accesskey="s" /></td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      <input type="hidden" name="s" value="" />
      <input type="hidden" name="do" value="login" />  
      <input type="hidden" name="vb_login_md5password" />
      <input type="hidden" name="vb_login_md5password_utf" />
      </form>
      <!-- / login form -->
    [/LEFT]
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Why would you want it to go to the form again? They are already logged in and should be able to use the site.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Why would you want it to go to the form again? They are already logged in and should be able to use the site.
      No I'm not integrating it in that way.

I just want it to go straight to the forum.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

This would require custom PHP Coding. vBulletin will automatically return them to the referring page when they log in. You would have to modify that behavior.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So do you know how I might do this? Is there not a simple way of doing it?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

As Wayne said this requires custom coding. We do not support that here. Try www.vbulletin.org for help with this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                As Wayne said this requires custom coding. We do not support that here. Try www.vbulletin.org for help with this.
                I've tried on numerous occasions, no one there ever bothers to help out.

Comment

Not everyone is willing to put a lot of work into doing something for someone else for free. Try the Serice Requests forum at vbulletin.org and offer to pay for their time.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Not everyone is willing to put a lot of work into doing something for someone else for free. Try the Serice Requests forum at vbulletin.org and offer to pay for their time.
                    Hobby site, I dont have the money to splash out like that.
                    Ah well.

Comment

Try adding:

HTML Code:
                      <input type="hidden" name="forceredirect" value="1" />
                      I have added logins on my non forum pages and I'm fairly sure it redirects to the forum after the login has gone through. That above is the only thing I saw that I had which you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bahbah
                        Try adding:

HTML Code:
                        <input type="hidden" name="forceredirect" value="1" />
                        I have added logins on my non forum pages and I'm fairly sure it redirects to the forum after the login has gone through. That above is the only thing I saw that I had which you didn't.
                        Thanks a lot, but can you tell me where this should be added? And I change 1 with the redirect address, right?

Comment

Something like this?
                          http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100992

Comment

Originally posted by Billspaintball
                            Perfect! Thanks SO much.

Comment

This thread may as well be closed now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X