PHP Coding beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Coding beginner

Ok guys im designing a php site around vbulletin.

(i dont want to use that cmps advanced.)

Im all new to this.

Ok so i have a page designed and now i need to put all the php coding in it.

Like say a box where it say the person who is logged in and some other stuff.

They would be using there vbulletin username. So what is the piece of coding to display the user logged in and like any other stuff.

Are they called variables? like
    PHP Code:
    $username 
    n stuff? whats the variables i shud use?

Variables are defined by you. If the PHP pages uses session then do this.

- Create a login page.
    - When the user enters the username and his password, check it if they are accurate on the database.
    - If the information are accurate register the session, with the username.
    - Now since a session is created the user can access that page and if you registered your session as $session["UserName"], then just echo it and it will work out just fine.

But reading your post I see you are brand new in php . I recommend get a PHP book or video training series and take the time to learn it first and then come back editing vbulletin. You can do a search on vbulletin.org for guides and tips... and lastly if you want to learn PHP for free but kind of hard way check out www.w3schools.com
    Out to Change the world!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X