No announcement yet.

Yay! My site validates! Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But when folks warn you about it, what was the response (I tried to make it funny for you so you'd just change it without any lost face)? Like above. And that's what makes folks pick on you. There's rhyme and reason why folks do what they do, and not everyone is out to get you (I'm trying to give you a pointer, so these Creepshow vs. fill-in-the-blank excursions don't fill up chit chat -- they're happening too frequently).

Chris
    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
    ~~~
    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
      Find that post and you will see what I have said and you can see what you did to that person who just was posting for fun!

Do not make something out of nothing since you seem to start this for nothing?

I will post here or anywhere I pick to post in. I am a paying member and if showing you that you still need to fix your site to become qualified for W3C error free, too bad you feel that way. I did not do anything, but help. You are starting up something to close this thread and not I.
      Unbelievable. Pot calling the kettle black or what.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
        But when folks warn you about it, what was the response (I tried to make it funny for you so you'd just change it without any lost face)? Like above. And that's what makes folks pick on you. There's rhyme and reason why folks do what they do, and not everyone is out to get you (I'm trying to give you a pointer, so these Creepshow vs. fill-in-the-blank excursions don't fill up chit chat -- they're happening too frequently).

Chris
        What are you talking about.

I changed the location as soon as I knew it was breaking the style.

Damn, seems like everytime I start a thread on these forums, people have a problem with it. And that's sad.

I was trying to start a friendly discussion and thanks to a certain person, it degenerates into some petty argument. And for what?

And I have no idea what you mean by the "not everyone is out to get you" line.
        I dont think like that at all! And I have no idea what made you say that.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

<sigh>

Backing out before the fur flies and all.

Chris
          ~~~
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
            <sigh>

Backing out before the fur flies and all.

Chris
            Me too. Because a fight was the last thing I wanted.
            I was starting a friendly thread, that's all.

So I'm out of this thread.

Comment

You should of thought about this when you posted here as well.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161067
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=159527&page=3

Comment

92 errors to fix before I'd get comfortable

Of course, that's overriding your doctype with an XHTML 1.0 Transitional doctype...

Or 111 errors to make it 1.0 Strict

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                  And you're a saint I suppose.

Comment

Ok guys drop it now ok? No need to fight

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris M
                      92 errors to fix before I'd get comfortable

Of course, that's overriding your doctype with an XHTML 1.0 Transitional doctype...

Or 111 errors to make it 1.0 Strict

Chris
                      Wow, I've got some work ahead of me obviously!
                      When I've got some free time, I'll try and get it completely compliant.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I would seriously try to go for XHTML 1.0 Transitional... it's the next "big step" validation-wise .... also, have you validated your CSS?

MGM out

Comment

Originally posted by Chris M
                          Ok guys drop it now ok? No need to fight

Chris
                          I fully agree. Lets get back on topic and get on.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                            I would seriously try to go for XHTML 1.0 Transitional... it's the next "big step" validation-wise .... also, have you validated your CSS?

MGM out
                            lol No haven't even looked at the CSS side of things yet! More to this than I thought.

Comment

The good news is, your CSS validates, although you have 3 warnings

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...usermedium=all

The next step will be for XHTML 1.0 Transitional - Then you should try for 1.0 Strict if you really want to push yourself

A tip for reducing a large number of errors in XHTML 1.0 - Use lowercase tags not UPPERCASE:

HTML becomes html

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
                                Me too. Because a fight was the last thing I wanted.
                                I was starting a friendly thread, that's all.

So I'm out of this thread.
                                Apparently this is a tift, and one long known among designers (par on course). Lead Weight and others are up the ladder, and you Creepshow are just starting out, and arrogant. They're trying in their own way to show you the ropes, and you're bucking the advice, and stepping on egos.

If you're going to ask for advice, the advice may not be so pleasant (critiques are designed for you to learn, and they can come off harsh). But that's how we learn, and learn not to repeat history.

Just a little polishing of apples, Creepshow helps. Listen, learn the ropes and take the critiques for their value. Lead Weight seems to want to help, but he comes up against your defenses and it rubs him wrong -- and it goes with anyone (I'm not innocent either, but I do try to not go out of my way to drop a hammer on someone's toe).

Come on guys, shake hands and get on. Creepshow needs the help, and you'll get the pleasure of sharing what you learned as well. That can't happen if egos get in the way -- and it doesn't look good in public.

Chris
                                ~~~
                                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X