Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay! My site validates! Finally!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yay! My site validates! Finally!

    FINALLY, I've managed to create a completely W3C friendly page!

    www.realmofhorrorcomics.com (my site) now validates as Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!

    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...rcomics.com%2F

    I'm really happy about this, because this is the first time I've ever done it 100% successfully.

    So thanks to the people who advised me to get my site validated in my other thread about firefox problems.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

  • #2
    Congratulations, and nice looking site!
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

    Comment


    • #3
      Your next challenge should be to get it XHTML 1.0 compliant.
      Forums

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Quillz
        Your next challenge should be to get it XHTML 1.0 compliant.
        And accessible <-- use HTML-Tidy, it'll address those very issues.

        But good first, Creepshow. Compliance has to start sometime, and as you get used to it, it'll become second nature. Next thing we'll see is you coding xhtml strict or 1.1 and meeting accessibilty standards as well.

        Chris
        "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
        is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
        ~~~
        Leonardo da Vinci

        Comment


        • #5
          It's good that you made it compliant, but also be sure you know why it is compliant, meaning what each fix really does for your markup.

          It's also not compliant anymore:
          This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!

          Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML parser.

          1. Error Line 80 column 26: there is no attribute "BG".

          <td width="6%" bg="images/gravestone_bg.gif">
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by filburt1
            It's good that you made it compliant, but also be sure you know why it is compliant, meaning what each fix really does for your markup.

            It's also not compliant anymore:
            Try again, it is now.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by filburt1
              It's good that you made it compliant, but also be sure you know why it is compliant, meaning what each fix really does for your markup.
              Yeah, I understood most of what I changed.

              Like for example, I had a lot of 'alt' tags missing, and I know what they do and why they're important. There were maybe 1 or 2 things it brought up that I didn't fully understand.

              And thanks everyone for the encouragement, I appreciate it.
              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Close, but no cigar!
                http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...2Findex.php%3F

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                  I'm not talking about the forums, just the main site.

                  EDIT: Also, thats Jelsoft's code, not mine.
                  "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Creepshow
                    EDIT: Also, thats Jelsoft's code, not mine.
                    Sigh...........

                    Oh, this CSS project is going to be a c-h-o-r-e!!

                    Chris
                    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                    ~~~
                    Leonardo da Vinci

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Oh! must of read the Topic Title wrong, NOT!
                      Yay! My site validates! Finally!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                        Oh! must of read the Topic Title wrong, NOT!
                        Yay! My site validates! Finally!
                        Whatever.

                        It's obvious you dont want to be helpful, you just want to find fault.

                        And since you called me "Creepsh-t" a while back, I really dont care for your opinion. So kindly stay out of my thread.
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Come on guys. Part of this is competition as well. Lead Weight does some designing, and you're breaking into it. There's going to be some rubbing, but come on guys, everyone started at the bottom and had to work up.

                          Creepshow, just don't ruffle feathers, either. That Location length stunt didn't make it pleasant <-- you knew it'll cause a stir (something that long in a fixed style is going to break the table), and that's not nice.

                          Chris
                          "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                          is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                          ~~~
                          Leonardo da Vinci

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                            Come on guys. Part of this is competition as well. Lead Weight does some designing, and you're breaking into it. There's going to be some rubbing, but come on guys, everyone started at the bottom and had to work up.

                            Creepshow, just don't ruffle feathers, either. That Location length stunt didn't make it pleasant <-- you knew it'll cause a stir (something that long in a fixed style is going to break the table), and that's not nice.

                            Chris
                            No actually I did not know, it didnt break the classic style (which I use) so I didnt know there was a problem. You seem to think it was deliberate.
                            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Creepshow
                              Whatever.

                              It's obvious you dont want to be helpful, you just want to find fault.

                              And since you called me "Creepsh-t" a while back, I really dont care for your opinion. So kindly stay out of my thread.
                              Find that post and you will see what I have said and you can see what you did to that person who just was posting for fun!

                              Do not make something out of nothing since you seem to start this for nothing?

                              I will post here or anywhere I pick to post in. I am a paying member and if showing you that you still need to fix your site to become qualified for W3C error free, too bad you feel that way. I did not do anything, but help. You are starting up something to close this thread and not I.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X