Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did YOU learn PHP? (And recommendations please!) (vBTEAM please take part2!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
    First learned Basic on the Commodore 64 :0

Then Pascal and C at College back in 93 or so. Moved onto Borland C++ Builder for awhile. Picked up PHP strictly from vBulletin and the php website. If you know any structured language similar to C then the syntax will come easily. The difficult part is learning to follow a smart paradigm in your code so that you are not constantly needing to redesign your work. You can pick it up froms book but much of it is theory and is learned on the cuff.
    I first learned Basic on the Amstrad64

Then Pascal at College back in 94

Then Perl from wanting to customise UBB. Then PHP from the PHP website because I wanted to learn how vbulletin worked, and to write my own CMS.

Nothing beats learning when you have a project in mind. The incentive makes learning fun....always

Comment

I'm still learning. Just got the basics down really, if anyone has any advice for php (vB Code in general, so I can make hacks and such), it'd be appreciated.

Comment

someone can please recommend me a book related to oop-php?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X