Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a mailing list script that can handle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a mailing list script that can handle...

* multiple lists

* handling 5,000+ subscribers

* sending of html or text newletters according to subscriber's preferences (also: we need more than just the email address: name, tel, fax, address, email)

* advanced admin functions for maintaining lists & subscribers, archiving newsletters

* opt-in/opt-out options for sub and unsubscribing.

* possibly use of mySQL for storing archived/sent newletters, subscribers and their preferences and all admin functions.

can anyone recommend a script, possibly with URL, free or for purchase (Open Code preferred of course)?

Ahh, yes, I really would love to have a sophisticated mailing list functionality in vbulletin...

Thanks

BT

i use multilist manager 1.6 from http://www.webscriptworld.com for my infilmbox.com site handles really well with backup options, html and text choices etc
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

looked at mlm1.6

yes, it looks good. But... missing features:

1) storing subscriber profiles

2) sending of newsletters in subscriber's desired format.
      i.e. either text newsletter or html
      solution: make separate lists for HTML and TEXT versions.
      CON: split subscriber list for same newsletter

3) no mySQL support.

there are a lot of CGI mailing list scriopts out there and almost ZERO PHP ones.

Where's all those PHP Mailing List scripts?

BT

Comment

so frustrating to see this thread peter out.

I too am looking for the perfect PHP/MySQL mailing list solution. Nothing of what I have seen begins to compare with the ruggedness and sophistication of vBulletin. Is there a vBulletin-class mailing list program out there?

How about integrating this into vBulletin? It seems like a natural.

(I suspect many users would gladly pay for a mailing list module addon to vB)
        Brian Cole
        Publisher, electrobase

visit electrobase, a comprehensive directory of electronics industry distributors, manufacturers representatives, and the lines they carry.

Comment

www.phplist.com

• Posting to the mailinglist is via a webpage. It is therefore more a kind of "announcements" list system than an actual email mailinglist.
          • It is designed to be able to deal with a very large amount of email addresses.
          • Users can sign up to multiple lists. If a message is sent to multiple lists, they will only receive one copy of the email and not as many as the number of lists they are subscribed to.
          • Attributes. You can specify more information you want to get from users when they sign up. When sending a message, you can use this information to select the users that need to receive the message. For example you can add geographical information. When people sign up, they can identify the geographical location they're in and when sending an email you can determine which locations need to receive the message.
          Last edited by JohnM; Wed 5th Sep '01, 12:15pm.

Comment

thanks johnM, I'll check it out.
            Brian Cole
            Publisher, electrobase

visit electrobase, a comprehensive directory of electronics industry distributors, manufacturers representatives, and the lines they carry.

Comment

I'm looking for one that is using MySQL too.
              <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

Comment

Self-Promotion: http://scripts.codingclick.com/MyMail/
                Or you can get the latest version at: http://www.codingclick.com/MyMail_BETA1.zip

More advanced: http://www.sitelogics.net

-Peter

Comment

Pete:

Followed your shameless self-promotion, looks very interesting. Registered for your newsletter, figuring this would be a good test, and got this result:

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petesmc/public_html/mail_header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petesmc/public_html/MyMail/config.php on line 99
                  Not encouraging.

I am interested in MyMail, but I need to be reassured about this error message before continuing.

Also, running a spellchecker on your site would go a long way toward improving user confidence:

Agreeing with our privacy policy, we never sell or share email addresses that we recieve, with other companies or people. The only messages you will recieve from us will be these newsletters.
                  In the US we are taught "i before e, except after c" This was not the only spelling error - trivial, but suggestive
                  Brian Cole
                  Publisher, electrobase

Comment

Hi,

I fixed that error, I'd delete my include file for my site but replace it now. Also I fixed my unsub thingo that you emailed about.

About the spelling, that is being fixed in the next site version being released soon.

-Peter

Comment

thanks, I'll try it again.

On another point - the one thing your screen captures and site documentation doesn't address is the install script. I have tried two other scripts already, and the install script typically doesn't work, or requires Unix tweaking beyond my abilities. Can you tell me more about how your script installs?

Thanks.
                      Brian Cole
                      Publisher, electrobase

Comment

still doesn't work

tried it again, got this screen:

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petesmc/public_html/mail_header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petesmc/public_html/MyMail/config.php on line 99

That email address already exists in the database

Warning: Failed opening '/home/petesmc/public_html/mail_footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/petesmc/public_html/MyMail/config.php on line 107
                        Brian Cole
                        Publisher, electrobase

Comment

Ugg....You already entered your email. THis problem, is just related to me not having my include files set properly.

-Peter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X