X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primal Rage
    • PHP 4.3.11 (tar.bz2) [3,919Kb] - 31 Mar 2005
      md5: fbc67d240812136a9842bc1f2a217b7a
    For those that were having issues with 4.3.10 and your server loads going to the roof and decided not to run the dev. Supposebly it has been fixed in this version.

Always worth a shot.
    Anyway here is usage im getting from my host something isnt right because i dont have more them 30 useronline at any given time would this upgrae help me here is my usage.

Process CPU seconds user machine count average
    php.cgi 14216.9600 100.000% 59.237% 58035 0.245
    uptime 0.0100 0.000% 0.000% 226 0.000
    sendmail 0.0000 0.000% 0.000% 161 0.000
    sh 0.0000 0.000% 0.000% 5 0.000
    postdrop 0.0000 0.000% 0.000% 161 0.000
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 14216.9700 100.000% 59.237% 58588
    Average per day: 14216.9700 1 days
    CPU percentage assumes 24000 cpu seconds per day total.

something is really not right with these stats and i have removed alot of the fourm hacks and it doesnt seem to be helping there is no way 30 members or so should be taking up this much . Woudl this 4.3.11 possobily help my situation?

Comment

anyone yet tried to update to latest version ?
      Kindly post the results.
      TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

As my post above said I did upgrade on the dev box and since then on the main servers.
        Extracted the zip, edited php.ini, changed the path to ISAPI, restarted IIS and it worked fine. Upgrade done in 5 minutes. eAccelerator also worked with the new version. Upgraded to php 5.0.4 BTW.
        Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Hey AWS

I run with the settings in my sig, and have tried to run eAccelerator several times, but it always craps out after a few hours with a "protection error". I'm guessing some unchecked buffer or something is freaking out when it fills up. Only thing I've seen that differ on my system compared to others is that I run PHP in thread safe mode.
          Would you be interested in helping me out a bit with comparing our configs?
          MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
          A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Has to be safe mode causing the problems. Been on 5.0.4 for a few hours now and haven't had any errors. From time to time with 5.0.3 I would get a protection error when using myphpadmin, but, I traced that back to mbstring.dll.
            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBALL
              Hey AWS

I run with the settings in my sig, and have tried to run eAccelerator several times, but it always craps out after a few hours with a "protection error". I'm guessing some unchecked buffer or something is freaking out when it fills up. Only thing I've seen that differ on my system compared to others is that I run PHP in thread safe mode.
              Would you be interested in helping me out a bit with comparing our configs?
              Same thing happens to me with Zend optimizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                Awsome, can't wait till its exported to cpanel
                I just attempted to rebuild Apache with php 4.3.11 which is now available via cPanel. Unfortunately I was unable to restart Apache after the script completed.

The good news is that after rebuilding again with php 4.3.10 Apache did restart successfully. I think I'll let my sysadmin handle the upgrade - obviously there are some conflicts somewhere...
                The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                Articles - Forum Review
                Interviews:
                KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                Paul M

Comment

All is well - my PerfectSQL sysadmin just needed to rebuild eAccelerator as part of the upgrade. Works great now!
                  The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                  Articles - Forum Review
                  Interviews:
                  KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                  Paul M

Comment

Maybe this bug forced a vB release to be made as John reported it. Seems like kind of a nasty bugger.

Anyways, I'm all updated (though for PHP 5.0.4).
                    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Im all good GD and another server i sysadmin are updated.

Comment

Originally posted by the Sandman
                        I just attempted to rebuild Apache with php 4.3.11 which is now available via cPanel. Unfortunately I was unable to restart Apache after the script completed.

The good news is that after rebuilding again with php 4.3.10 Apache did restart successfully. I think I'll let my sysadmin handle the upgrade - obviously there are some conflicts somewhere...
                        thats freaking... any idea why this happend ?

Comment

He hadn't updated his php acclereator.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                            He hadn't updated his php acclereator.
                            Alrite, so after an update to new version of PHP, if I have accelerator installed, I need to update the same as well ? else Apache may have problems getting started ?

Comment

Great news indeed.. people who upgraded from 4.3.10 to 4.3.11 can you post your load average changes ? any drastic improvements ?
                              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I have to switch back to 4.3.10, because of some scripts that are stop working after the upgrade and i don't know why at this time, but in the last two days i saw no big difference, but weekends are not our high traffic days.
                                Streicher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X