Retrieving information from SQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving information from SQL

I am creating a downloads site which works off vBulletin user information.

On the front page of my site, visitors see a download link. When they click it they are prompted to enter their vBulletin forum username + password. Once they enter it I need some sort of script to use the username + password given and check that username's usergroup. If its in say the "donators" group they are transferred to downloads.php. If the user is in another group they are transferred to sorry.php. If the username + password is incorrect, they are transferred to retry.php

See what I mean? I need a script which can retrieve a user's usergroup from the SQL database of the forum, then it takes the information and uses an IF parameter to decide what to do with it.

If you dont understand then just ask me, I don't really know how to explain it better.

Also, im a newbie at PHP, I only know very basic things and next to nothing about SQL, so go easy

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X