Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfectphp
    replied
    I suggest signing up at DevNetwork -- it's a great starters message board for learning PHP, MySQL, and the like.

Leave a comment:

• kur1j
    replied
    php.net is a very good place to start. You will learn a lot about php from both php.net and the mysql site. I know this might sound sarcastic but a good place to learn is to go to www.google.com and search for tests and stuff. Something else that helps is to take what you learn and apply it. Try making something with the things you have learned and build on that.

Leave a comment:

• Barnum
    started a topic Newb wanting to learn PHP

Newb wanting to learn PHP

Hello all,

Just bought my first copy of VB and I am really enjoying the set up so far. I have a quick question for people who have learned PHP. I would like to learn PHP myself and would like to know where to begin?

So far I have bought a copy of "PHP and MySQL Web Development" by Luke Welling and Laura Thomas. This seems like a somewhat decent start, but my knowledge of programming is min at best...so alot of what is in the book is slow learning, but I am sure I will get through it.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could take a look at as well...things like websites or online courses and such? I tried browsing the www.php.net site, but it seems a bit overwhelming for a beginner.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X