X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you try Gaim? I dont know if its a linux client, but you could see

http://gaim.sf.net

Comment

I'm now upgrading KDE and going to try out Kopete or whatever it's called LOL.

Comment

Using KDE 3.2 with my slax cd

http://slax.linux-live.org it fits on a nice mini-cd and comes with KDE 3.2 and KOffice and the usual stuff.

http://slax.linux-live.org/screenshots.php for screenshots, ideal for someone not wanting to jump in too deep.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Yup, I installed Gentoo over the weekend.

It DOES take a long time to install, and you need a copy of the install instructions on hand as there are quite a few steps (I started from pentium4-stage3)

Anyway, once it's installs its worth all the effort. Using the 2.6.3 gentoo-dev-sources, the system is unbelievably fast and responsive. Any windows proggies that haven't been ported over to linux run similarly fast for me under wine.
          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Ok, I was GOING to upgrade KDE, but I couldn't even figure THAT out :-\

Maybe I should start all over with Gentoo?

Comment

Originally posted by squall14716
              SCO has nothing, and will lose their lawsuits and become irrelevant.
              SCO has been winning their lawsuits.

Originally posted by Raz Meister
              Yup, I installed Gentoo over the weekend.

It DOES take a long time to install, and you need a copy of the install instructions on hand as there are quite a few steps (I started from pentium4-stage3)

Anyway, once it's installs its worth all the effort. Using the 2.6.3 gentoo-dev-sources, the system is unbelievably fast and responsive. Any windows proggies that haven't been ported over to linux run similarly fast for me under wine.
              So in your opinion, would this be faster than a installation of Windows on the same PC?

Comment

From what I heard, the judge has asked SCO to provide specific evidence to support their claim.

All the payouts received by SCO so far have been from companies in anticipation of an SCO win, not because they have been ordered to do so by a court.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of the current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by merk
                  Did you try Gaim? I dont know if its a linux client, but you could see

http://gaim.sf.net
                  GAIM is primarily a Linux client I believe, but it is ported to Windows. I'm using it right now in Knoppix.

Comment

use slax not knoppix
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Knoppix is the easiest to install. I am using it to download every other distro I feel like installing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                        From what I heard, the judge has asked SCO to provide specific evidence to support their claim.

All the payouts received by SCO so far have been from companies in anticipation of an SCO win, not because they have been ordered to do so by a court.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of the current situation.
                        From my understanding, they have won against everyone they have filed lawsuits against so far. The lawsuit against IBM is going to take a while through.

If I had the rights to an operating system and the whole world gained the ability to get the source code for free, I'd want to charge licensing fees. So, I think SCO's problem with showing the code to the public is that it will be removed from newer versions while people will still be able to access it freely and SCO will get brushed aside even through they deserve the ability to charge licensing fees to the Linux community for irreversible damages.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                          use slax not knoppix
                          Use Knoppix STD, not Slax.
                          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

i used Knoppix STD so i could use airsnort and kismet
                            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Well, right now I'm in Fedora Core. XMMS doesn't feel like working, neither is my sound though... bah.

Comment

Gentoo rocks...did a stage1 install, took a day (P4 2.6 HyperThreading, 512megs of ram)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X