Avoid Orbitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid Orbitz

So, I was looking for a hotel in Tahoe and tried out a few of these online "find a hotel things". One of the ones I tried was orbitz which has the type of room we wanted at a good price. I kept the window open while looking around a few other sites. Anyway, after not finding anything better I clicked on it to order, and was greeted with the message "Since you choose your rate the prices have risen.", and this was about a 25% price increase. I was a little surprised about this so ran the search again and yup the price has gone up.

But not being convinced, I opened up Mozilla and ran the same search again, and guess what the orginal price came up until I tried to order and the prices suddenly has risen.

So yeah, its a scam; they get you in by the cheap price they advertise their rooms at, the moment you try and book them they just raise the prices and assume that you can't be bothered to go and re price compare with other places.

Anyway, booked from hotels.com.
    Christopher Padfield
    Web Based Helpdesk
    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Nothing worse then a company that is trying to scam users.

Comment

Ive never had problems like that with expedia, and I recently used Hotels.com . Sometimes, I'll just find the hotel on one of these services and call them directly to see if they have other specials (that could be cheaper). So far, expedia has given me 100% satisfaction, including booking of a trip that lasted two weeks and in two states, with hotel and car rentals.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

I didn't try expedia I perhaps should have, i looked a hotwire, orbitz and hotels.com (although i think hotwire might be linked to orbitz but not sure).
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Expedia is good. I ordered from them once.

Comment

Have a look at Travelocity as well. They're pretty good.

Comment

I agree with the rest about Expedia..I've used them in the past with no problems
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

I wouldn't recommend their driving directions either. I ran a location in Yahoo! and Orbitz and the latter mapped the address 30 minutes away to a location that doesn't even exist.

If we were going to East Jebib I could undersand, but it was right outside Baltimore.

L'chaim

Comment

I only use online resources to find info, and if that comes with a phone number - they might get lucky

I will check these sites out when I plan a trip to the UK

Comment

I used orbitz for a plane ticket. No issues other than the Tampa Intrl airport gave me the full body search. While others are going through the easy lines, I'm getting my shoes checked for shoe bombs. Must be from purchasing from Orbitz. This all happened after I read the instructions and tried to get the security documentation off their site as I was told to on the phone.

No recommendation here either.
                    Last edited by Hooper; Sat 13th Mar '04, 5:18am.

Comment

Hooper that might have been just a random search, I have no been on a plane scence before 9/11 so Im not really up on the security now a days. And no im not scared to fly, I just like to drive.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X