Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hit 10,000 posts at the weekend!

Hey,
    I just hit the 10,000 posts milestone at the weekend on www.HostingRefuge.com

I was away when it was made, was hoping to be online but I could still see the postcount when I got back anyway so didnt really matter.

My forum has grown a huge amount since I started it and Im trying to improve it daily.
    I started out with a free script but soon moved to vBulletin and it seems as soon as I changed more people were interested in the site.

Next stop, 100,000
    John Diver

Originally posted by John Diver
    Hey,
    I just hit the 10,000 posts milestone at the weekend on www.HostingRefuge.com

I was away when it was made, was hoping to be online but I could still see the postcount when I got back anyway so didnt really matter.

My forum has grown a huge amount since I started it and Im trying to improve it daily.
    I started out with a free script but soon moved to vBulletin and it seems as soon as I changed more people were interested in the site.

Next stop, 100,000
    Congrats! Good job.

Comment

We hit 15,000 posts at the weekend
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Congrats MrNase
        Whats your average number of posts daily?

Thanks Arkham!

John
        John Diver

Comment

Congrats! Good work!
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Thanks a lot Kathy

John
            John Diver

Comment

Originally posted by John Diver
              Congrats MrNase
              Whats your average number of posts daily?

Thanks Arkham!

John
              thank you

it must be 35 or so
              That's the end of that!

Comment

Congrats both of you. A few days ago I hit 30,000 with an adverage of 100-300 posts per day.

Comment

congrats on the 10k. I am waiting for 1k .

Comment

I'll be hitting 50k soon. It would have been 90k, but our server crashed and we lost our entire mySQL. At the time I never used to save the mySQL db, now I do

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                      I'll be hitting 50k soon. It would have been 90k, but our server crashed and we lost our entire mySQL. At the time I never used to save the mySQL db, now I do
                      uh, that's hard (but you've learned something )

congrats Rapid Gaming, i hope we'll have a 100 post average in the future
                      That's the end of that!

Comment

I fail to understand why people with really small boards feel it is compulsory to buy vBulletin.

It's like you don't just buy a Ferrari for your first car, you have to work your way up, and start with a Nova.

We are just coming up to 100,000, and I wouldn't personally consider purchasing vBulletin until we hit 250,000

Comment

Originally posted by megahard
                          I fail to understand why people with really small boards feel it is compulsory to buy vBulletin.

It's like you don't just buy a Ferrari for your first car, you have to work your way up, and start with a Nova.

We are just coming up to 100,000, and I wouldn't personally consider purchasing vBulletin until we hit 250,000
                          GMAB. My first couple BBS software packages were $100-150 in the late eighties. If I could afford it as a teen, people can afford this now. Do you need it? No. Invision does the job. Some people just want to start with the best they can afford at the moment.

Comment

Yes but some people have so few posts that they average $1 dollar cost per single post.

I fail to see the economic sense.

Comment

I bought a vb to start off. Free boards are such a pain to deal with, and with all the popups and banner ads they give you, it makes it way too hard to get members. When I started with a vb, I loaded my board with features, and that helped me get my initial crowd. I wouldn't have been able to do that with a free board.

I have only 5,000-something posts, but I had about 23,000 before I reset the board. I had around 100 members at that time.

vB makes a great small board.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X