What is up with the weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with the weather?

Today in Denver the temp is gonna be 70. Whatever happened to snow in March? They are already talking heavy water restructions yet again and asking people not to even begin watering untill late May. Last year in March, the day before the war started we had 3 feet of snow on the ground, That much snow would be so good right now even though it shut the city down for three days. I hear this is happening all of the western part of the country this warm weather.

Below is a pic from that big snow storm last March.
    Attached Files
    http://www.icecreamforum.com

Welcome to Global Warming... The weather will be more and more chaotic as time goes by, you will see larger storms, fiercer winds and entire climates will change. If the Earth is able to correct this itself, there will end up being an Ice Age making most of Canada, Northern Europe, Alaska and Russia uninhabitable. But hey, why worry about that it won't happen for a few hundred years.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Welcome to Global Warming... The weather will be more and more chaotic as time goes by, you will see larger storms, fiercer winds and entire climates will change. If the Earth is able to correct this itself, there will end up being an Ice Age making most of Canada, Northern Europe, Alaska and Russia uninhabitable. But hey, why worry about that it won't happen for a few hundred years.
      If you talk to any sain Meterologist(sp?) they will tell you this is normal. Look through the history of weather in March and you'll find similar temps 10 - 20 years ago. Global Warming is a problem but this isnt a result of it.
      eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
      vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
      7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

I am not just looking at this March's weather. Yes, weather fluctuates but it is getting more and more chaotic. There are 100+ mile an hour winds in the Midwest of the U.S., Deserts that are still green in August in the Southwest, Receding polar ice caps, magnetic fluctuations, etc... etc... All these are signs of Global Warming which won't necessarily increase temperatures everywhere but will result in more chaotic weather and less stability in our ecological lives.

Temperatures are only part of the equation, though I didn't mind this last winter we had since it didn't get below 50 degrees very often. Average winter temperature where I live is about 30 degrees left. Heck, I don't think we had one freezing day and it hasn't snowed in almost ten years. Though if the temperatures stay like this, it means it will be about 135-140 degrees in August which won't be much fun. But, the desert definately won't be green this year. Luckily, the local orchids were in bloom two months early which means most of the crops will be picked before it gets too hot this summer.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

the weather is just crazy!

up here in germany we have snow and rain in a continuous rotation. right now it's some kind of snowy rain and it's damned cold.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Well the snow is slowly melting here in moscow. Usually it doesn't do that till the end of march! Today has been +3C which has been loverly!
            Accrington
            Land Rover Forum
            PLC Forum

Comment

Its in the 80's-90's here in Vegas, and its annoying as hell because Base CE wont turn the heat off! I have to turn my computer off in my room because I dont want it to overheat. Sleeping is near impossible unless I open the door (wonderful building design lacks windows) and have a fan blowing nice and cool night air in.

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
              http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Not sure this fits, but I was watching a show a few months back on discovery about this type of thing ...

Apparently all the things Wayne discribed has happened in the past numerous times. It usually signals a shift in the poles. 4 times in the past (I think it was 4?) the poles have switch position! basicly flipping. They think it could be with in a decade - a century that it will happen again!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
                  up here in germany we have snow and rain in a continuous rotation. right now it's some kind of snowy rain and it's damned cold.
                  Yep, I'd prefer to be in Denver or Vegas right now.

Comment

Hi - I'ts real hot in LA.

This is my first post - I'm going to buy this product and I'm taking it for a test ride.

Askold

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarze Katze
                      Yep, I'd prefer to be in Denver or Vegas right now.
                      I'd gladly switch with you...

http://i.ksilebo.com/ksicom_button.png
                      http://i.ksilebo.com/simpli_button.png

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase
                        the weather is just crazy!

Hi Germany,

I've been to Munich - nice town.

Nothing much to say - just want to see how this reply is formatted.

Askold

Comment

Originally posted by Ksilebo
                          I'd gladly switch with you...
                          No problem *g*
                          I wouldn't mind if I could get rid of all this work piled up on my desk -_-'

Comment

There are 100+ mile an hour winds in the Midwest of the U.S
                            Yes we had 120 mile an hour winds go through Denver here on Saturday. There was major damage of course, semi trucks overturned, trees fell down on top of houses. March is typically a severe weather month because it is beginning the transistion to spring. One year it had started out in the low 50.s. By 2 pm, we had rain and hail and tornado warnings and even a tornado somewhere in eastern Colorado. By 5 it was snowing and we had over a foot of snow. Colorado is also the only state I Know where it can be 75 for the temp and within one hour it can be snowing.
                            http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X