Unbelievable Ebay "deals"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Ebay "deals"

I've been seeing a lot of deals on ebay where if you pay them, say, $10 they will give you information to get the product advertised (ipod, tv, computer, etc) at ridiculous rates. For example, see here. I would understand that it could be a hoax if they had no feedback, but everyone I've seen doing this has had wonderful feedback ratings, always above 95%.

Is it a conspiracy? Is there a ring of people who buy from each other so that they can get high feedback ratings and then appear as reputable sellers so they can rip people off, or is there really some weird way that you can get these things for such unbelievable prices (maybe a crime ring?).

Just out of pure curiosity, and not for an expectation of any good information, I am tempted to pay them the money (maybe that's what they want ).

If anyone could shed some light on these sorts of things it would be great.

Even the sales pitch makes it a bad deal: you have to wait months or years until you get your product, if it even gets there...and of course tech products devalue faster than cars.

Hint: don't give them a cent.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by mafo0
      I've been seeing a lot of deals on ebay where if you pay them, say, $10 they will give you information to get the product advertised (ipod, tv, computer, etc) at ridiculous rates. For example, see here. I would understand that it could be a hoax if they had no feedback, but everyone I've seen doing this has had wonderful feedback ratings, always above 95%.

Is it a conspiracy? Is there a ring of people who buy from each other so that they can get high feedback ratings and then appear as reputable sellers so they can rip people off, or is there really some weird way that you can get these things for such unbelievable prices (maybe a crime ring?).

Just out of pure curiosity, and not for an expectation of any good information, I am tempted to pay them the money (maybe that's what they want ).

If anyone could shed some light on these sorts of things it would be great.
      It's true but it's a waste of time, and this "valuable" info is pointless.

All they do is simply give you links to where you can purchase products in bulk, so you end up getting the items for $10-20, but you have to buy them in huge quantities and pallets.
      Imagine buying like 20,000 plasma TVs or 10,000 iPods..Even though you may get them at a very low price, it ends up costing you a lot up front.
      Not to mention a large number of the products will be defective when you buy so many.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

The mystery is unraveled :-P. Why do they have such high feedback ratings, though? (Not trying to say I'm gullible, just curious :-P)

Comment

Originally posted by mafo0
          The mystery is unraveled :-P. Why do they have such high feedback ratings, though? (Not trying to say I'm gullible, just curious :-P)
          Lol, I'm not sure. eBay is filled with strange people.

I know that some people actually do use this method, becuase if you choose the right product, it can end up working good on ebay.

The only other thing I can think of is that if you leave someone bad feedback, they can just return the favor. (even though they shouldn't)
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

actually, my cousin, bought one of these and what he got was, he has to call customer service and tell them he wants to test a product out(sumthing like that). all he got was a laugh in the face.

l8er
            sonic

Comment

Look up MATRIX Scams in your favorite search engine.
              There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

I'll save you $10 dollars, http://thephonematrix.co.uk/ thats a link i was spammed with the other week... At least you'll get the idea of what they are selling you...
                Accrington
                Land Rover Forum
                PLC Forum

Comment

http://matrixwatch.org

Head over there and you'll lose all compulsion to buy into one of these.
                  "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
                  It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

--Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

Comment

Originally posted by welo
                    http://matrixwatch.org

Head over there and you'll lose all compulsion to buy into one of these.
                    From the description, it sounds like a pyramid scheme, effectively.
                    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X