Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Audio -> Anyone know of any good web resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Audio -> Anyone know of any good web resources?

Back when I was younger, I used to do P/T installs. I had all the gear; amps, subs, the whole 9 yards. Then I got rid of the Honda that I had totally ripped to shreds with wires, custom speaker mounts, regular speaker mounts, etc., and Leased a '99 VW Jetta. I didn't install all the gear I took out of my old car, because A) It was leased B) the component speakers I had didn't fit easily, etc. So I've been suffering with the stock system which isn't all that bad.

I got into a small accident a few weeks ago, and while my car was in the shop I rented a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. I got real used to the stereo system in that car - it sounded real nice; rich undistorted bass, and trebles that didn't pierce your ear drums.

I picked up my Jetta at the body shop today, and realized for the first time how crappy the stereo really sounds. So I decided that I'd try to install all the gear that's been laying around in boxes for 3 years. I don't even need the subs or anything - just some better rear deck speakers, maybe some better front door speakers. And if it doesn't sound good then, I may try installing the amps and sub.

But, I'm rusty, and I'm less creative these days. I just want to go and do it, I don't want to have to deal with creating a workable solution. So, does anyone know any good sites that offer specific install directions for various cars - VW Jettas specifically - or maybe a forum somewhere that I could ask things that I've forgotten?

Any tips would be much appreciated .

-jim
    "The dot-com bust has cleared out the carpetbaggers and left the Internet to those who really care about it"
    - Jon Ippolito, new-media curator, Guggenheim Museum

I wish I could help you, but when I was using other than stock equipment, it as usually just a huge amp in the trunk with a few hundred feet of speaker wire and some bose speakers.

we didn't try to get loud going down the road, we set up in fields and had keggers...
    Webmaster:
    @forumz

Comment

LOL! I *wish* I had a field somewhere around here!

Come to think of it, I wich I had a kegger around here too...

I don't want to be one of those Bass machines that you can hear from 10 miles away - I just want the music I play to sound clear and, well, good!

-jim
      "The dot-com bust has cleared out the carpetbaggers and left the Internet to those who really care about it"
      - Jon Ippolito, new-media curator, Guggenheim Museum

Comment

I have not wired a car in years, but it should not be hard to do it with out any damage to the car.

I used to have a 1500 buck camero with about 10 grand in equipment - god that thing was a mobile sound studio.

We would open the back hatch, throw out speakers to both sides a couple of hundred feet and it would sound like a mini concert.

Comment

The users at http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/ helped me design and install the stereo in my S10, nice forum, hopefully they can help you out also.
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X